Haven’t received £50 for joining through referral link

I joined Bulb through a referral link,and the switch completed on 9th May. I don’t see the £50 credit on the account balance. Where can I find it? Thanks.

I joined Bulb through a referral link,and the switch completed on 9th May. I don't see the £50 credit on the account balance. Where can I find it? Thanks.

Did you receive any email at the time you joined Bulb and then when you switched regarding the referral? Have you checked in the “Refer a friend” section of your account dashboard.

If all this proves a blank, then I would contact the Bulb team direct, their contact details are on the Help page.

Did you receive any email at the time you joined Bulb and then when you switched regarding the referral? Have you checked in the “Refer a friend” section of your account dashboard.

If all this proves a blank, then I would contact the Bulb team direct, their contact details are on the Help page.

Yes, I received an email at the time but then nothing since. Can’t see anything in the refer a friend section. I’ll contact Bulb directly - thanks.

Hi @LucyC,

I can see you did receive the referral credit the following day on the 8th, I’m glad it was sorted for you. If you do ever need to give us nudge we’ll resolve the issue for you as soon as possible.

Best

Oisin