Help Articles: Extra Help for Members

Please click below for all things regarding:

Extra help for members

Energy Company Obligation (ECO)

What support services does Bulb offer to our members?

Paper statements

The Warm Home Discount

Warm Home Discount broader group criteria

I had an email regarding the WHD and a link to apply, I clicked on the link but it said your account is closed you no longer have electricity with us. The only way I top up my account is through the app. How am I supposed to apply for the WHD? One of your colleagues has emailed me links but it just takes me back to the same account.

Hi Jackie, sorry to hear you had a hard time applying for the Warm Home Discount. I can see that we’ve successfully received your application.

We still had the details for your old account on our system which is what caused the issue. Thanks for getting in touch with us so we could explain and help you with this. - Miriam :bulb: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Miriam.
Yes I guessed it was my old account,judging by the date of payments. All sorted now! Would bulb be able to split the WHD payment like they did last year £100 gas £40 electric please?

Many thanks
Jackie

Hiya Jackie :wave:

When you get your payment we’ll send over a form via email and you will be able to choose how much you’d like on each fuel. That way we get all the requests processed automatically :slight_smile:

Take care - Miriam :green_heart:

Thanks Miriam thats great :+1:

Take Care
Jackie

1 Like

I’d like to apply for the warm home discount or whatever now applies. How do I do that ?

Hi @RichardChes :wave:

Thanks for your post!

You can read more about the process here and check if you are eligible.

Anyone in the broader group can submit an application through the online form in your Bulb account . We’ll ask for some documents to show that you’re eligible for the Warm Home Discount, so you can save your progress at any point.

Please let me know if you need any assistance with this or have any questions

– Daisy :bulb:

Thanks and done… How long are these applications taking at the moment ?

Hi @RichardChes

The deadline for payment to be made is March 2022.

Apart from that there isn’t really a specific timeframe for the applications to be audited and the accounts credited. But once you have sent the application off you will be kept updated with its’ progress.

Did you have any more questions about the application ?

Ele :bulb:

Im just wondering if Bulb has received my WHD? And why it takes so long for them to process? Most of those who get the WHD on other suppliers have already got theirs for the Winter to cover them. It should be called Spring into summer payments.

1 Like

Hi @26elle :wave:

I can see that we’ve received your application, and it’s currently being reviewed by our WHD team. I’m afraid we don’t have a date for when the payment will be processed, but it’s good that you got your application in nice and early.

– Meg :bulb: