Help Articles: Meters and Readings

I cannot get onto the website to submit mu readings.

how do I enter two meter readings as I have a two rate Economy 7 meter

Hey everyone!

@6964 - @stevefoster is right, you can submit meter readings as often as you want, but we will still only send one statement per month!

@cathy1471 - I can see we got meter readings 2 days ago, so I hope that issue is sorted now! Please let me know if its not.

@andyhb - I’ve sent you an email as I need a little more info from you! Please get back to me when you can :smile:

All the best,
Georgie

It’s been just over 4 weeks and my IHD/meter readings are still not showing electricity

Hey @jrmcloughlin

I’ve checked up on the reboot request for you.

The smart network operators successfully rebooted your metering set up, but it looks like we’re still having some trouble talking to your meters- there are a few types of connectivity issues that reboots can’t fix yet unfortunately.

The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready. We’ll send these out automatically to your devices and they will start communicating on their own but we do have to wait for this fix.

In the meantime, please send us manual readings every month to make sure your statements are accurate.

– H :sun_with_face:

Hi, I’ve just bought a house supplied by Bulb and decided to stick with them. I read the meters the day of completion but when I registered for my account and came to enter the readings there were already readings recorded on the day after I completed that are lower than my readings.

There’s nothing to say they are estimates and I can’t seem to backdate the reading so can anyone advise what I should do please? Slightly concerned that my vendor put in some incorrect final readings…

Thank you!

David

Hi @belvoirarms :wave:

Welcome to Community :partying_face:

Did you submit a meter reading on the 10th?

We’ll bill you from your start date so from April 10th when you moved in, and we’ll bill you from the readings you submitted to us. Anything used prior to that- like the difference between the estimate before you moved in and the one you provided- would have been used by the previous occupant so they’d be billed for that.

I’ve sent you an email to make sure we’ve got the right ones sorted for your account.

— H :sun_with_face:

Thanks @holly_at_bulb, I’ve replied to your email with the readings.

Thank you!

David

Smart Meters more than 10m apart.
I would love to get smart meters, but does anyone know how to get Bulb to stop asking me about smart meter installation until they can do my meters which are 15m apart?

Hi @Budgy :wave:

Welcome to community.

It’s a shame that we won’t be able to install smart meters for you at the moment, and it must be frustrating to receive the emails nonetheless.

I’ve stopped smart meter emails on your account, and made a note that this is due to the fact that your meters are too far apart at the moment.

Once we’re able to install smart meters for meters that are more than 10m apart, we’ll be back in touch.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Many thanks,

Niamh :bulb:

Trying to request a smart meter and let bulb know we are installing solar panels but can’t contact anyone. Telephone lines not being answered and emails like wise. How can I contact Bulb?

Hi @Martinfearn :wave:

I’m sorry that you haven’t got a response from us about installing a smart meter and to let us know that you’re getting solar panels installed. I can see that my colleague Mel has emailed you for photos so that we can look into getting your meters exchanged.

For context, we’ll just need some photos of your current metering setup to see if you have the type of meters that’d be eligible for smart.

Get back to Mel when you can with those photos and we can take it from there. Any questions, please do let us know.

Take care,

Many thanks for your reply, Niamh, I have sent photos of our metres to Mel and asked her for information regarding our solar panel installation and look forward to hearing from Bulb concerning these matters.

Thanks @Martinfearn!

Let us know if you have any more questions about either the smart meters or what we can offer as part of our solar product. :smile:

Thanks,
Freya :bulb:

How do I submit a meter reading?? I keep clicking on the link to the ‘submit a meter reading’ on the help page on the topic but it just brings me to the community page here and tells me I’m signed in…?!

Hi @Mrkmtm,

Thanks for posting and welcome to community :wave:

I’m sorry about the issue with logging in. I’ve just sent you a password reset link. Please try logging in via that link, and you should then be able to add a reading :slightly_smiling_face:

Any further issues, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hi Noah.

I have had to buy a replacement IHD for my first gen smart meters and need some help setting it up. It says I need to send you both the MPAN of both meters and the new Mac address of the IHD? Many thanks for your help on advance

Hi @mjbeeston

Welcome to the Bulb Community :bulb: :globe_with_meridians:

Where did you purchase the new IHD from? As these are technically the property of the supplier who installed the meter, they shouldn’t be sold second hand.

If you purchased the replacement from the meters’ installer we can provide the information needed, but you’d still probably need to switch to them to get it fully connected again.

Looking to get a smart metre installed.
Can I get this booked please?

Hi @siewassell :wave:

We can definitely take a look into getting that booked. The best way would be if you give us a call on 0300 303 0635 so we can get the account details and check all is eligible.

Thanks,
Cara :bulb: