Please click below for all things regarding:

Payments and referrals

Payments

Referrals

Refunds

Smart tariff

Feed-in Tariff

Export payments

I would like to know what information is available in my account about the people referred to Bulb using my referral link.

Hi @joviswebit,

Thanks for your message. If you go here in your Bulb account you can see your rewards from referrals and who you have referred.

Quick Q, I signed up with a friends referral link but I can’t see anything in my account for this? What do I do about that?

Hey @scottmcgurk,

If you can’t see the referral it may be that it didn’t get applied when you switched or was rejected. I’m going to send you an email so we can chat about it a bit more and work it out.

I have recently joined bulb for electric but I’m now thinking of joining for gas. Would I still be able to get the £25 for joining

Hi @Lex1,

Thanks for your question.

I’m glad to hear you’re thinking of joining us for gas as well, you’ll be switching onto our new lower gas tariff.

I’m afraid as you have an active account we are unable to apply the referral credit. Below is the section of our T&C’s detailing why:

17.2.4. Referrers must be existing Bulb members. Recruits must not have already signed up to Bulb or be an existing member, already on supply with Bulb, or a member of Bulb in the preceding 12 months, under any email address or alias.

That’s a shame as I didn’t know that

Just to be clear is there no way I can take advantage of this offer?

Unless they bend the rules for you and make you a very special case.

Also see : https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232212-Referral-credit

MY NAME IS :Sharon Bagshaw

DOB:XXXXXX

i am the account holder for: XX XXX XXX XX XXX XXX, XXX XXX XXX

MY SUPPLY IS VIA TOP UP METERS ALSO

BUT I WAS ALSO TOLD I CANNOT CLAIM MY £50 JOINING FEE FROM BEING REFERRED BY FRIEND IF I HADNT TOPPED THE ELECTRIC UP.

I HAVE TOPPED UP THE GAS AND MY ELECTRIC TWICE SINCE I HAD NO KEY FROM BULB .YET I STILL AWAIT MY TRANSFERWISE EMAIL AND ALSO I ONLY SIGNED UP WITH THE £50 AS THE INCENTIVE AND ALSO SO MY FRIEND WOULD GAIN FROM ME JOINING BULB.I BECAME A BULB MEMBER ON APRIL 4TH 2020.

SO BECAUSE THE NONE RECEIPT OF THE ELECTRICTY CAN I REQUEST THE REFUND VIA TRANSFERWISE AS STATED ON MY ONLINE ACCOUNT AS I REALLY DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD TAKE THIS LONG OR THAT MAYBE IT WOULD DRAG ALL OVER THE LONG EASTER WEEKEND EITHER ?

THANKS

SHARON BAGSHAW

=========================================================================

I JUST RECIEVED THIS EMAIL SEE BELOW YOUR EMAIL TO M ME IS IN BOLD ITALICS AND UNDERLINED

=========================================================================

We won’t be sending a Bulb electricity key

Hi Sharon,

Due to recent shortages caused by the coronavirus, we won’t be sending you a Bulb electricity key. Please use up the credit on your meter first, then top up as usual with your old supplier’s key. We’re sorry for not being in touch sooner.

You’ll stay on your old tariff for now

We’ll move you on to the Bulb tariff when we can. This will take between 2 to 6 top ups, at the same shop on different days, before the prepayment systems can catch up. Until then, your meter won’t know that you’ve switched to Bulb yet. We’ll work out if you paid more because of this delay and refund you the difference.

You can find more information about joining Bulb with a top-up meter in our Help Centre.

Take care,
Team Bulb

ALSO HOW DO I GET A TRANSFERWISE ACCOUNT PLEASE?
I HAVE TRIED ONLINE CHAQT BUT WITH THE LONG WEEKEND IT WAS OVERLALY BUSY AND I AM AMUSING IS NOW CLOSED UNTIL TUESDAY MORNING WHEN REALLY THE TRANSFER FOR THE £50 SHOULD OF BEEN COMPLETED ON APRIL 4TH 2020 :frowning:

You have posted on a public forum and you have just announced your personal details to the wide world.

I assume you meant to contact Bulb direct?

I woudl suggest you remove your personal details pronto?

Ii don’t have first hand experience but I don’t think you have to set up a TransferWise account to receive your money.

If you’re switching to Bulb with a top-up meter (also called a prepay meter), your credit will be sent through Transferwise after your first electricity top-up. TransferWise will email to request your bank details so that they can forward the referral credit to your bank account.

Hi @SBAGSHAW ,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our community!

You do not need a Transferwise account. You will be sent an email from Transferwise a few days after you have made your first top up. The email will have instructions on how to access the referral money.

If you have any queries on this then please get in contact on our live chat service though your Bulb account, or send us an email to help@bulb.co.uk.

Thanks, Sam.

Hi can’t find my account

Hi @jill1973brown

Welcome to community!

You be able to log into your Bulb account here: https://account.bulb.co.uk/login

Let me know if you’re having any difficulties

Gabby

i did this back in march and still nothing

Hi @SBAGSHAW I can see a colleague requested this for you on 28/04/20. If you’ve not received a Transferwise email after 5 working have passed, please follow up in the email thread you’ve got with the team and we’ll look into this further