Help!! Lost key

I have just realised I have lost my electric key!! I can’t get in contact with anyone and my electricity is about to run out? Is there anyway of sorting this as I’ve three young children and am unsure what to do??

Perhaps this wont be of much help to you at this time but have you checked out: Replacing a lost electricity key or gas card – Bulb

I have just realised I have lost my electric key!! I can’t get in contact with anyone and my electricity is about to run out? Is there anyway of sorting this as I’ve three young children and am unsure what to do??

You can activate your emergency credit. The link Allanr has given will tell you what to do. If that’s not enough then you’ll have no choice but to do without electricity until you get a new key. Even when you contact Bulb on Monday morning it’s going to take a few days to get a new key delivered. So I’d suggest turning off EVERYTHING right now except for the essentials, which basically means nothing but fridge and freezer.

Ideally I’d suggest you get off prepayment meters as soon as possible to avoid situations like this.

You can activate your emergency credit. The link Allanr has given will tell you what to do. If that’s not enough then you’ll have no choice but to do without electricity until you get a new key. Even when you contact Bulb on Monday morning it’s going to take a few days to get a new key delivered. So I’d suggest turning off EVERYTHING right now except for the essentials, which basically means nothing but fridge and freezer.

Ideally I’d suggest you get off prepayment meters as soon as possible to avoid situations like this.

Lol what…? The shops sell the keys. Buy key, top it up, stick it in the meter.

I have no experience of pre-payment meters but do you require an “activation code” even if you pick up the key from a local shop?

Lol what...? The shops sell the keys. Buy key, top it up, stick it in the meter.

In that case you need to inform Bulb this so that they can change their procedures.

I have no experience of pre-payment meters but do you require an “activation code” even if you pick up the key from a local shop?

So do they need an activation code since you seem to be familiar with the fact that you can buy it and pop into the meter?

So do they need an activation code since you seem to be familiar with the fact that you can buy it and pop into the meter?

I have no idea, I dont use one. But Authorised PayZone retailers stock the cards and keys for some suppliers.

I have no idea, I dont use one. But Authorised PayZone retailers stock the cards and keys for some suppliers.

Thanks, from your initial post I thought you knew the answer.

I think Bulb use E.ON with regards to pre payment (I can’t locate the post what I thought I saw this), but in the case of E.ON if you lost a key this is what they say customers should do:

Lost, stolen or missing card or key?

If you lose your card or key, have it stolen, or think it’s missing in the post, you’ll need to get in touch. We’ll check shops in your area to see if you can pick a new one up from there (you can do this at most shops with a Paypoint or Payzone sign). We’ll give you an activation code and you can use this to pick one up after two hours.

Which if this applies to Bulb it mean it isn’t as simple as just going to the local Paypoint or Payzone store to pick up a key and pop into your meter.