Help Search Button Doesn't Seem To Work

If you wish to search the Help articles at Bulb the search button doesn’t seem to work.if you click Search nothing happens.

Compare this with the search button (actually labelled Go) on the Community page at: http://community.bulb.co.uk/ which does work when click the Go button.

Re-posting my query again just to move it up the list a little. The problem still exists.

Good spot @Allanr.

Do you mean this search bar?

You have got it in one.

Ahh, it only works if you click enter. Great investigative work @Allanr ! I’ve passed this over to our tech lot to fix. Thanks.

We are in sync, I should have mentioned earlier that it works with the enter button.

Ahh, it only works if you click enter. Great investigative work @Allanr ! I've passed this over to our tech lot to fix. Thanks.

Eleanor, do you have update from your tech lot? Do these sort of queries land up on your Roadmap as I cn’t see anything regarding this problem?

Hey @Allanr

When a bug like this is flagged, we raise a ticket. It’s sorted into a priority list and added to a ‘sprint’ (two week run of work to do). Our roadmap is used for bigger projects that take lots of our developers time.

As the search button still works by pressing enter, it has not been a ‘high priority’ ticket. But, you’ll be seeing some changes to the Help Centre and Community home pages shortly. This will be one of the fixes that we make.

There are a few buggy things that have needed sorting for a while. Our developers have been super busy building our a new join page from scratch. Now that’s finished, we’re going to be spending some time on smaller fixes that have been put lower down on the list.

I’ll write an update once these fixes have been made.

Thanks for the nudge.

@Eleanor at Bulb

Thanks for the info.

I have sympathy with the situation.

I’m intimately involved in a largish charity organisation where we are unable to do everything at once so we have to prioritise all requests from volunteers in the charity plus those who use our services. We use a ticketing project management system so that any of the central team who have the necessary expertise can pick up a ticket to complete the task

Thanks for understanding @Allanr!

The ticket has not been lost :slight_smile:

I’ve spoken to our project manager who has assured me that it will be one of the changes that will be made.

Ahem - noted 12 months ago in second post here -

@198kHz - my apologies!

It really is time we got this fixed.

Ahem - noted 12 months ago in second post here - http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/2379/website-links-not-working#latest

Ahem, and I didn’t do a search of the forum before posting my original request. :’(

@“Eleanor at Bulb” Accepted. B)

:3

It’s fixed! B)

It's fixed! B)

Spotted it yesterday, thanks.