We absolutely love it when members share Bulb, but we’ve had a lot of feedback recently that links in reviews make us look bad, and that they’re getting in the way of discussion in the Community, Facebook and Twitter. So we want to get everyone’s opinion on some potential T&C changes in these areas.
What would you think about allowing posting links in these places?
Good to post
Your Facebook page
Your Twitter followers
Email your friends
Almost anywhere else
✘ Bulb Community
✘ Reviews of Bulb
✘ Bulb’s Facebook page
✘ Mentioning Bulb on Twitter
So, while Bulb’s Facebook page and Twitter mentions are off limits, but everywhere else on Social Media is still fair game. And they’re a great way to share your referral links with family, friends and followers. Also when someone has genuinely asked for someone for a referral link it will be totally fine to share your link with them, regardless of where it is.
If someone accidentally breaks one of these rules, we’ll just get in touch with them to ask them to tweak their post. We won’t be draconian about it.
Why the change?
We think these changes will make the Bulb Community, our social media, and our reviews better places to discuss Bulb.
- Referral links make our Trustpilot reviews seem inauthentic. We’ve had quite a bit of feedback where people assume that we’re bribing members with the promise of referral payments to give us good reviews. I hope it goes without saying that we don’t, but prospective members have no reason to believe that. So it reflects badly on us. When we invite members to review us, they hardly ever include their link.
- If we let people post their links everywhere we’d just end up flooded with them. We want to keep the Community and social media as a good place to discuss Bulb. Plus, you’d be preaching to the choir anyway as most people in the Community are with Bulb already.
- It’s counterproductive for members to be putting their efforts into competing against each other in these areas. More people would go green and more members would earn rewards if all referrers shared their links in different places.
Here are the proposed changes to our T&Cs:
- 16.2.18. Rewards are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold. Upon termination of the Programme or any portion thereof for any reason, or upon cancellation of a User's Bulb account for any reason, any pending or unredeemed Rewards accumulated by the User are forfeited. Rewards that have been added as credit to the User’s account is considered redeemed, and will be refunded to the User on termination of a User’s Bulb account.
- 16.2.19. Users may offer additional rewards to Recruits as long as it is clear that the additional reward is entirely the responsibility of the User and not the responsibility of Bulb.
- 16.4.7. Personal Links may not be posted or shared on review platforms such as, but not limited to Trustpilot and Google reviews, in order to protect the integrity of reviews.
- 16.4.8. Personal Links may not be posted or shared in reply to Bulb’s platforms, or Bulb profiles on other platforms. This includes, but is not limited to: The Bulb Community, comments or posts on Bulb’s Facebook page, replies to @bulbenergy or people tweeting @bulbenergy on Twitter, and similar instances on other social media. This is to ensure that these platforms remain a place for their intended content and discussions.
- 16.4.9. As an exception to 16.4.8., Personal Links may be shared on Bulb platforms, or Bulb profiles on other platforms as a direct response to a non-Bulb member requesting a Personal Link, as long as the owner of the Personal Link is unaffiliated with the non-Bulb member.
So, how do you feel about the suggested change?