We’ve been working hard to improve MyBulb for you all over the last couple of months, and we’d love to know what you think about it. We want to show you what we’re working on earlier rather than later so that we can make best use of your input.
Head to my2.bulb.co.uk to check it out. This is where we’re hosting it while we test it. It’s not perfect yet, so let us know if you find any bugs with it and we’ll iron them out.
Any changes you make here will affect your live Bulb account, so make sure you want any changes you make.
What we’ve changed:
- New codebase so we can make improvements faster in the future. Bad legacy code can cause problems in future if we don’t keep it tidy. We’re making our codebase much more robust now so that it doesn’t slow us down when making cool things in future.
- We’ve improved the password reset when you’re already logged into MyBulb, so you don’t need to check an email anymore.
- We’ve swapped gas and electricity around in the usage graph as electricity can be more variable.
- No more modal pop-ups. On the old version, we’d show a pop up for some error messages and confirmation boxes. We’ve done away with them now as they don’t always behave properly on older browsers. We show them on the existing page now.
Bugs that we know about:
- Sometimes it shows an error message when you log in.
- If you’re currently mid switch, a lot of the elements won’t work properly.
- Password reset sometimes tells you that you need more than 6 characters, even if you have 7 or more.
- We’ve set the timeout really low to help us test more quickly. So, if you’re on a slow internet connection, you might see a few timeouts. We’ll set this to something more normal when we launch it.
- Account status text after your credit balance in Payment Details currently says your balance is always healthy, regardless of balance amount.
Things that we’re working on
- iOS app. This will initially just be similar to MyBulb on the website, but we’ll add more features over time. Let us know if you’d be interested in helping test that too.
- Magic links so that you won’t have to enter your password to sign in if you’re coming to MyBulb from a link in an email we sent you.
- Making loading a bit speedier.
Take a look and let us know if you see anything funky.
- Have you come across any bugs?
- What would you like to see change about MyBulb in future?