Help! Who do we contact to move gas and electric meters!?

Just about to start a extension on our house. We are hoping to get both the gas and electric meters moved from a cupboard under the stairs to an outside wall of the newbuild. Who carries out this work and what are the likely costs?

Heya @mamajune.

You’ll first need to contact your local gas and electricity distributor. You need to have a chat with them about the work you want to carry out and their availability to do it. This can be quite costly but they will be able to give you precise breakdown. - this website will help you find out who you need to call.

Then you can give us a call to let us know when you have arranged for the initial work to be done. We can organise for your meters to be moved on the same day. This will be £120 per meter.

Let me know if you have any more questions.