Help with bills

I have a son with a disability and to ease his pains we have been given a jacuzzi. I’m worried about higher bills. Does anybody with kids who have a disability get help from bulb

Hi there,

This will inevitably increase your bills somewhat. It seems as though your average jacuzzi could cost £500 per year, although I appreciate your usage patterns may be a little different from this.

I’ve done a bit of reading into this for you. I’ve found loads of charities and trusts out there that provide individuals with extra equipment but also a couple of charities who sound like they could support these higher bills

Family Action (www.family-action.org.uk)
Family Action has small grants available for medical treatment, services, facilities or equipment (including communication aids) for those who are sick or physically disabled. Supporting evidence is required from a relevant professional. There is also a general grants program which can meet needs such as clothing, fuel bills and household needs such as beds, cookers and washing machines. In addition to providing general grants, Family Action also provide grants for educational needs, particularly for the additional costs associated with education such as travel, books and equipment. Assistance is primarily targeted at families and individuals on low incomes, particularly those living on benefits. Funds are not available for items covered by statutory funding.

Family Fund (www.familyfund.org.uk)
Family Fund provides grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people aged 0-18. They provide grants for a wide range of items, such as washing machines, sensory toys, family breaks, bedding, tablets, furniture, outdoor play equipment, clothing and computers.

I would say its maybe worth an inquiry into?

Im also sure some of our community may have some energy efficiency tips with Jacuzzis.

Hope this is has been of some use :slight_smile:

Rory