Help with emergency electricity supply

I have asked this earlier, but I was blocked by the moderator.
I am finding it impossible to pay my bill because Bulb refuses to accept any payment method other than direct debit. I have their bank account details, so am trying to pay by bank transfer, (they pretended they’d lost the cheque I sent).
I keep getting emails from them saying that I am about to go into debt because I don’t have a payment method set up (!), so I assume that soon they will cut off the supply.
I need practical advice about how much notice I will get prior to disconnection, and how one goes about seeking connection to a new supplier.
My wife is disable and has to take medication by daily syringes which have to be refrigerated, but there is a limit to how long our neighbours are prepared to keep the medication in their fridge.
It’s very worrying and stressful, which worsens my wife’s condition. Any practical advice about hire or purchase of portable generators etc, would be most welcome. Thank you.

Hi @J5AEO

I’m sorry you’re having issues making a payment. Below are Bulb’s bank details and I’ve just sent you a direct message with your Bulb account number that you’ll need to reference.

Bank Name: Metro Bank
Bank Account Name: Bulb Energy Revenue Act
Sort Code: 23-05-80
A/C Number: 17757385

If you’re going to pay this way going forwards then please make sure you make the payment within 2 weeks of you receiving the statement, else it will be classed as a late payment.

If you’re late making one payment then your gas and electricity won’t be cut off don’t worry. If you miss multiple payments then your account will enter our debt collection process. After we’ve exhausted all other options we may remove your credit meter and install a pay as you go meter. You can read more about that here: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360019844071-Bulb-and-debt-collection

– Meg :bulb:

1 Like

There should also be the ability to pay by debit card via your online dashboard. Normally there’s a “top up” button in the Payments section.

1 Like

I am having immense difficulty in receiving a refund of credit on my account, and have received numerous emails suggesting that I am about to go into debt, even though I am over £400 in credit.
Can someone explain at what point Bulb will cut off my electricity supply?
My wife is disabled and has to take daily injections for her condition - we keep the syringes in the fridge, so we’d need some warning in order to buy a petrol generator to continue running the fridge to keep the medication in usable condition. Otherwise she’d have to be admitted to hospital for her treatment, which would be most inconvenient, and quite costly for the NHS, (though we would not need to trouble Bulb of course).
Does anyone know what period of notice we will receive before Bulb cuts the supply? I don’t know how long it would take to source and install a petrol generator. Can anybody recommend a generator supplier in the home counties? I don’t really have enough knowledge to just buy one off eBay. I would be most grateful for advice from anyone else who has experienced a similar situation.

Hi @J5AEO - I have merged your other post here as you’ve asked similar questions. If there’s anything I haven’t answered or you’re still unsure of let me know.

– Meg :bulb:

1 Like

30-day invoices are the usual and traditional best practice, I think you’ll find.