HI. I've just entered my initial meter readings, but I can only enter a single electricity reading,

HI. I’ve just entered my initial meter readings, but I can only enter a single electricity reading, even though my meter has both Normal and Low readings available. How can I enter both readings?

Hi @andypilliner

It looks like the site you joined us through didn’t let us know that you have a 2 rate meter. That’s not a problem, I can sort that out for you. Did you want to be on our single rate tariff, or do you want to be on our Economy 7 tariff, where your electricity is cheaper for 7 hours at night, but slightly more during the day?

I’ve fixed MyBulb for you, so you can enter both readings now. For now, I’ve kept your tariff at the normal single rate tariff, but if you’d like to change to Economy 7 just let me know.

All the best,
Will

Hi @andypilliner

It looks like the site you joined us through didn’t let us know that you have a 2 rate meter. That’s not a problem, I can sort that out for you. Did you want to be on our single rate tariff, or do you want to be on our Economy 7 tariff, where your electricity is cheaper for 7 hours at night, but slightly more during the day?

I’ve fixed MyBulb for you, so you can enter both readings now. For now, I’ve kept your tariff at the normal single rate tariff, but if you’d like to change to Economy 7 just let me know.

All the best,
Will

Hi Will

Happy to remain on the single tariff.

I’ve just gone onto MyBulb and can still only enter a single meter reading. How long do I have to wait until I can enter both?

Andy

Ah yes, it may take a little while to update. Sorry, I should have said.

Why don’t you give me both readings now and I’ll plug them in for you. It’ll be updated for you by the next time you want to give us readings.

Will

Ah yes, it may take a little while to update. Sorry, I should have said.

Why don’t you give me both readings now and I’ll plug them in for you. It’ll be updated for you by the next time you want to give us readings.

Will

Thanks Will.

The Normal reading is 43949. The Low reading is 60732.

Cheers

Andy

Great stuff, all sorted Andy

Hello Bulb Community
I am a prospective Bulb customer being an active switcher. I am currently about to be forcibly switched by the closure of Peoples Energy.

However I have a problem. I have an Economy 7 meter, but choose to select the regular rate electricity tariff, since I do not have night storage heaters.

Please can Bulb assure me that I can choose that tariff from the outset rather than my meter supply reference dictate?

Hey @Gladholm :wave:

So we would take on your meter as economy 7 as we take the meter during a switch as it is- do you have smart meters at your property?

If not, we could exchange them for a 1 rate meter which would mean you would be on a 1 rate tariff. If you do have smart meters and we can connect to them, we can put you down for a change of tariff (there’s a bit of a waitlist at the moment) but this would switch it that way.

Let us know your type of meters and we can advise further :relaxed:

— H :bulb:

Thanks Holly
I don’t have smart meters.
Can I not take a single rate tariff, and submit the cumulative of my two readings each month? As I do with my current supplier. I would rather not be penalised into having higher rates for daytime consumption when I don’t need to. Makes logical sense to me, but only if your systems can accommodate this.

Regards
Richard
iFad