Hi. We joined bulb in September, and have just had warning that our bill is going up by 30%. Why?

Hi. We joined bulb in September, and have just had warning that our bill is going up by 30%. Is that normal?

The industry has been hammered with price increases not just Bulb, keep an eye on usage v DD as you can adjust within Bulbs guidelines.
You will use more over the coming winter months.

the same thing has happened to us twice since september we are off as pensioners we are not able to afford these prices I thought this company were fair with just one tariff and now they are asking us to increase our payment by 70% no way

We are just about to move house and as a result of a their massive proposed increase in monthly payments solely designed to establish a large credit on our account, we will not be using Bulb for our next property. We are over £100 in credit but still the increase is proposed. We are sick of providing interest free finance capital to energy companies by paying in advance for energy we may or may not use.!!!
No doubt this comment will go unanswered by the company. Good bye Bulb

Purely from another customer.

Please check out this useful post by Eleanor at bulb: http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/22738/#Comment_22738

Within this post is mentioned in essence the fact you don’t have to increase your DD if you have sufficient credit to meet one months advance payment.

Whilst you may not wish for your account to be in credit it is totally fair that it shouldn’t be in debit when you take into account Bulb’s unit costs for energy increased on 11 November 2018 plus the possibility of greater energy use in the forthcoming winter months.

You always says ‘purely from another customer’ but you talk like a sockpuppet account for Bulb.

Whilst you may not wish for your account to be in credit it is totally fair that it shouldn't be in debit when you take into account Bulb's unit costs for energy increased on 11 November 2018 plus the possibility of greater energy use in the forthcoming winter months.

But according to SOME of Bulb’s own information, it is acceptable to be in debit because it all evens out over the year. Other times, they say you need a ‘winter buffer’, which is news to me. This needs clarification from Bulb, and not just by the lazy expedient of posting links to other threads.

I don’t like DD for the very reason that I have to relinquish control over my bank account to some extent which is why I put off joining Bulb for a long time. It seems my worries were justified.

Why dont you phone Bulb agree a DD amount and just top up each month if required.
I believe the winter buffer is based on estimated usage to take you to spring next year to ensure customers do not accrue a level of debt that they will have difficulty paying back.

You always says 'purely from another customer' but you talk like a sockpuppet account for Bulb.

You are quite entitled to your opinion, I like to make it clear that I speak as another customer rather than a Bulb staff member. I can only give my experience whereas the Bulb team can give definitive advice.

Why dont you phone Bulb agree a DD amount and just top up each month if required.

No need, I can do that from my account page. Also, that is what I always intended, but it seems Bulb have other ideas from what I’ve read on here.

I believe the winter buffer is based on estimated usage to take you to spring next year to ensure customers do not accrue a level of debt that they will have difficulty paying back.

But that’s just patronising and micro-managing their customers, as well as flying in the fact of the idea that you pay the same each month and it balances out over time.

I don’t like DD for the very reason that I have to relinquish control over my bank account to some extent which is why I put off joining Bulb for a long time. It seems my worries were justified.

As a person who has used DD for many years and pay all regulars bills by this method I have not had one single problem during this period. Without being thought of as a supposedly called “sockpuppet account for Bulb” customers are able to amend their DD payments via their account dashboard.

Posting links on this forum isn’t a lazy expedient. Expedient action wouldn’t be necessary if individuals who post on the forum just carried out a simple search of the forum or Help pages.

You always says 'purely from another customer' but you talk like a sockpuppet account for Bulb.

You are quite entitled to your opinion, I like to make it clear that I speak as another customer rather than a Bulb staff member. I can only give my experience whereas the Bulb team can give definitive advice.

I’m sorry if I misjudged you. I am very wound up at the moment because of the uncertainty over how much Bulb might expect me to pay every month and that there appears to be nothing I can do about it.

metermaid:

No need, I can do that from my account page. Also, that is what I always intended, but it seems Bulb have other ideas from what I've read on here.
uncertainty over how much Bulb might expect me to pay every month and that there appears to be nothing I can do about it.

You are arguing with yourself over this, first you give an answer then you say there is nothing you can do. I daresay if it rains tomorrow it will be Bulbs fault.
If you are so unhappy the way Bulb operates it wont cost you anything to switch as exits are free.

I’m sorry if I misjudged you. I am very wound up at the moment because of the uncertainty over how much Bulb might expect me to pay every month and that there appears to be nothing I can do about it.

If I took offence at what people say then I would be wound up, but I like to a take a pragmatic approach.

metermaid:
No need, I can do that from my account page. Also, that is what I always intended, but it seems Bulb have other ideas from what I've read on here.
uncertainty over how much Bulb might expect me to pay every month and that there appears to be nothing I can do about it.

You are arguing with yourself over this, first you give an answer then you say there is nothing you can do. I daresay if it rains tomorrow it will be Bulbs fault.
If you are so unhappy the way Bulb operates it wont cost you anything to switch as exits are free.

What a rude and stupid thing to say.

If I took offence at what people say then I would be wound up, but I like to a take a pragmatic approach.

You fail to acknowledge my apology and mock me with my own words. And yet you still think you occupy the moral high ground. Good grief.

You fail to acknowledge my apology and mock me with my own words. And yet you still think you occupy the moral high ground. Good grief.

The other individuals who are currently trying to help you are customers like myself. If you don’t wish to take any of this on board it may be more appropriate if you contact the Bulb team direct at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

Today you have been posting your concerns on different threads which isn’t really helpful in resolving your particular problem.