High bills

I switched to bulb several months ago. On EDF my money payment was £64. Six months later I am paying £106 a month. It was supposed to be a cheaper tariff! Have costs gone up that much?

You need to understand the difference of bills vs monthly payments.

Check your statements, and check your statements with the previous supplier.

Bulb will increase payments in winter if you haven’t got enough built credit to burn through. My payments have remained constant since day one apart from putting in an extra payment at the start. Over the year my payment may need to increase by £1

I also switched to Bulb last year after many years with British Gas and on the recommendation of Which and one of the money comparison sites (can’t remember which).
My bills and monthly payments are infuriatingly now higher than with British Gas

I also switched to Bulb last year after many years with British Gas and on the recommendation of Which and one of the money comparison sites (can’t remember which). My bills and monthly payments are infuriatingly now higher than with British Gas

Carry out a new comparison and that is the only way to see if Bulb are more expensive than British Gas.

Can I assume your bills are based on regular monthly meter readings which you supply to Bulb?

My bills and monthly payments are infuriatingly now higher than with British Gas

What unit rate (pence per kWh) and standing charge (pence per day) are you paying, and how does that compare to the best British Gas can offer you today? I very much doubt British Gas have a cheaper tariff but I’d be happy to be proven wrong. Show me.