High credit

Hi, My account is running into a high credit total, after the last month payment my account balance is approx 2x(1 month’s usage). It seems at the moment that I am loaning you guys cash. Is there any way to revise the payments down to stop running such a high credit?

You can change your payment amount inside the Bulb app as far as I know.

Hi, My account is running into a high credit total, after the last month payment my account balance is approx 2x(1 month's usage). It seems at the moment that I am loaning you guys cash. Is there any way to revise the payments down to stop running such a high credit?

There is (are) excellent Bulb articles relating how to run your account and request refunds Have you checked any of these?

Hi, My account is running into a high credit total, after the last month payment my account balance is approx 2x(1 month's usage). It seems at the moment that I am loaning you guys cash. Is there any way to revise the payments down to stop running such a high credit?

You can change your direct debit amount through your account dashboard. I take it you didn’t look there before asking the question, otherwise you would have seen it? You can also request a refund of some of the credit, to see how to do this click “Help” and search for the word “refund”.

Finally, it’s September. It’ll soon be winter. A credit of 2x your typical monthly payment is about right for this time of year, if anything it’s a bit too low. The whole point of the monthly payment system is that you build up credit over the summer to use up over the winter.

Hi @Johnbrw if you’d like a refund just drop us an email and we can sort that for you. Alternatively, you can decrease your payments in your Bulb Account. Thanks, Maxwell