home display unit

Hi
How many people have smart meter with the home display unit not working?.
If I had known about this problem before I would not agreed to having the meters changed.
Seriously they should not be allowed to install these know that they don’t work.

I’m in the same boat. Had meter installed on 21st May. Didn’t work at all for 10 days. Was then told to switch it off and on again - it then displayed gas but not elec. Lately I had instruction to put it near the elec meter, switch off and then on. Did that… and now displays nothing. Think bulb should have been more honest in saying that we were guinea pigs.

Hi How many people have smart meter with the home display unit not working?. If I had known about this problem before I would not agreed to having the meters changed. Seriously they should not be allowed to install these know that they don't work.

Have a look at the Bulb blog I think it shows the magnitude of the problem relating to non working display units? Have you previously been looking at the multitude of post on this forum about smart meter issues?

I have the same issue… its next to useless only gas is shown and i’m having to move the display closer and closer to the meter to get a connection… I don’t think Bulb can read the info either so £1500 worth of equipment to give the same process (Submitting meter readings) as the 30 Year old meter that hey replaced… maybe 3rd Gen meters will be the answer.

I had mine fitted on the 17th and it is still not showing anything. Worse still the Gas meter they changed to is not showing anything on the dial either! So I am unable to pass on a meter reading for Gas! I have tried calling 3 times and no progress at all.

You need to hold the ‘A’ button on the gas meter pressed in for a few seconds to wake it up. Then keep pressing the ‘A’ button until you see ‘Meter Index’.