How Accurate Are The In Home display Units

Just wondering how accurate these displays are, got mine installed on friday and over the last few nights ive have been using just over double the standard daily rate, and thought i was being charged twice for the rate as when i got up in the morning, it was only using less than 100 watts and 1p per hour, nothing changed during the night, so i thought that i should have only potentially used maybe 10p not 30p from when i went to bed to getting up in the morning roughly 8 hours, but i have been watching it for the last hour and i have the same things on that would have been off during the night and am roughly using 3/4p p/h, so how can i use the same amount with stuff on as with it off, so i am now just questioning how accurate they really are

Hey @jasonferryuk

I’ve just had a look at the account and it looks like this smart meter was just installed a couple days ago so it can take a bit of time for all the data to come through to us. Bear with us for a couple of days so the account updates and if there’s still any issues just pop us a message here and we can update it manually.

In terms of the IHD, it might take some time as I mentioned above, but please fill out a short form with details of the issue in your Bulb account first.

Once you’ve sent that in, we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on, and within 5 metres of your electricity meter overnight. Turn it off and on again in the morning if nothing has changed on the display.

If it doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date, as the fix can sometimes work on the second try. If it still hasn’t worked, just let us know

– H :bulb:

Have you allowed for the daily standing charge (of around 20-21p)? The IHD includes that.

Cheers @stevefoster that’s a good point :brain:

It’s definitely worth checking that as the standing charge is applied onto the IHD at midnight each day.

– LG :bulb:

As other have replied, the IHD includes the standing charge so that is the minumum amount is going to show at midnight and from there it increases as you consume energy during the day

1 Like