How are your energy costs shaping up?

Out of interest I had a look at this year’s January Bill compared to last year, this January being colder.

Gas kWH Last year 2278 Cost £119
Gas kWH This year 2910 Cost £112

So despite using 632 kWh more Gas and not taking in to account my old suppliers increased costs since joining Bulb my Gas has just risen by £7 which based on increased usage is cheaper than my old supplier.
I estimate my January gas bill is approx £14 cheaper this year in real terms if it were based on similar usage.

Electricity kWh Last year 257 Cost £39
Electricity kWh This year 228 Cost £34

Although the Electricity is slightly more expensive per kWh I have managed to decrease the kWh used by 29 kWh resulting in cheaper electricity costs, this is partly due to appliance management and partly to switching over to LED lighting.

It would be interesting to see how others have fared since their switch to Bulb.

Well, I knocked out a secondary front door in my living room (where the thermostat is) as part of ongoing renovations just before the winter weather came so my bills have unsurprisingly gone up this year. It’s been warmer upstairs though!
Electricity wise, there’s also more people in the house so that’s gone up too.

I’ll just go with knowing that the standing charge and unit rate are lower than my previous supplier, so I’m saving money.

Last year £89
This year £132 (despite lower costs per kWh)

Unfortunately I lost the saving money versus keeping toasty battle in my household this year… :’(

With a technical background, I should have known better, but I’d lately become a bit complacent about appliances being left on - some for 24 hours a day! A quick survey with a plug-in energy monitor brought home a few home truths. The biggest culprit was the desktop PC - a variable load but averaging around 150W. Standby and hibernation now in operation!
Long story short - average daily winter electricity consumption down from 12 to 7 - 8 units.
And it’s cheaper with Bulb. B)

- some for 24 hours a day! B)

I partly solved that by buying some cheap timers out of Asda and things like my PC then turn off automatically overnight.

With a technical background, I should have known better, but I'd lately become a bit complacent about appliances being left on - some for 24 hours a day! A quick survey with a plug-in energy monitor brought home a few home truths. The biggest culprit was the desktop PC - a variable load but averaging around 150W. Standby and hibernation now in operation! Long story short - average daily winter electricity consumption down from 12 to 7 - 8 units.
Sounds like a good improvement.

At present I’ve got a dehumidifier running constantly at ~250W so I dread to think what my bills for the next few months are going to be!
Not much I can do about that one though as it needs to be on to dry things out.

Try having an electric car! Plugged in at 7000 watts.

Most days we only use around 6 kwh. After some charging we now have 26 kwh days! (Still vastly cheaper than petrol, though).