How can so many people make a saving via the referrals?

How can the energy be so much cheaper than the big 6 & we also get £50 for each person who signs up via our link? Seems too good to be true. I only began with Bulb mid Feb so I’ve yet to see if the savings will work.
Is there a time limit on referring & a limit to how many people refer via my link?

I believe the £50 is based on how much Bulb make from say a years billing to a customer less £50 which still makes a profit albeit slightly less.
Every new customer adds to the profit of Bulb and the £50s are most likely cheaper than some marketing campaigns.

Is there ..... a limit to how many people refer via my link?

There is no limit. Apparently it is 26 million, but see here: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115002695412-How-do-I-refer-a-friend- :wink:

If you sign up to any energy provider via a price comparison site, the price comparison site gets £50.

Bulb have decided to pass this on to their customers instead. It’s also clever marketing as people are more likely to trust a company which comes recommended from family/friends.

How can the energy be so much cheaper than the big 6 & we also get £50 for each person who signs up via our link? Seems too good to be true. I only began with Bulb mid Feb so I've yet to see if the savings will work. Is there a time limit on referring & a limit to how many people refer via my link?

Few reasons really.

1. Bulb are in comparison still quite small and have minimal overheads compared to a big 6 supplier
  2. As a smaller supplier Bulb can buy on spot prices when engaging in the energy market whereas the big 6 have to buy electric up to 14 months in a advance so to accommodate the risk and potential price increases they cant be as cheap. Bulb on the other hand can react and buy in bulk on “day prices” so can offer electric cheaper. The downside is if energy prices rocket then Bulb will take a huge hit and so will their prices. As a smaller supplier they aren’t as bound by customer base/size regulations like the big 6
  3. Due to the above and relying on word of mouth marketing they dont have to spend money on advertising and third party website referrals

Time to get your network if friends switching. Imagine no electric/gas bills because referrals have paid it for a year or so.