Thanks to everyone who filled in our survey on how we should build our app. It’s super useful. It’s here if you haven’t taken it yet.
We’ve pulled together all your ideas so far, and we need your help to decide which are the best. We want to build the best app for managing energy. Ever. So let us know which ones you think are important.
Here are the ideas so far. Which ones should we prioritise? We’ll keep updating the list as more ideas come in.
Things we’ll (almost) definitely do:
- Make it simple, quick, stable, and good looking is the number 1 priority
- Entering meter readings is the most important feature according to the survey
- Monitor and manage payments and statements
- See past usage and future estimates
- Smart meter integrations
- Ability to adjust payment amounts
Blue sky ideas. Which ones would make the Bulb app great?
- See the live CO2 savings for all members and how much you’ve personally saved
- Fingerprint login
- Notifications on how to save energy
- Warnings for unusually high energy use
- Options to give rewards to charity
- Integration with other apps, such as IFTTT
- Smart home controls
- Torch function when reading meters
- Take photos of meters with automatic number recognition for meter readings
- Bulb community
Thanks everyone. Can’t wait to see your ideas.