How come Bulb has slipped so far down the lists on energy comparison sites

When I first joined Bulb they were pretty much the most competitive provider on comparison websites. However, they have now slipped way down the listings. Are they getting too big to bother about being competitive anymore? I am seriously thinking of looking elsewhere for my gas and electricity supply. A shame because at the start I really rated the company.
Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

3 Likes

“Bren01253”
“bulb are going out of business and everyone knows it”

Why seriously think about switching, why not do it now?

1 Like

[quote=“Allanr, post:3, topic:76968”]
Bren01253”
“bulb are going out of business and everyone knows it
[/quoted here

1 Like

What I can’t understand is why (unlike before) a Bulb representative no longer responds to posts. It smacks of “I don’t care” which is very disappointing when I persuaded 4 people to transfer to Bulb from their existing supplier, and they are now not receiving a competitive energy price from Bulb.

2 Likes

It’s not so much I don’t care they just don’t have enough experienced staff to cope with the day to day running of the company let alone replying to posts on the forum

1 Like

Anyone regularly watching energy prices will have switched long ago. I don’t think any of my referrals are still with them.

1 Like

Think its a case of grab the money and run
Nothing to prevent the OP and his referrals from switching, might even find another supplier offering “incentives”

2 Likes

I got the email this morning about my bill going up so I went and did some comparisons and have applied to switch onto a fixed tariff elsewhere saving at least a fiver a month. I’m going ‘Green’.

1 Like

circa £60 pa may as well be in your pocket as theirs

1 Like

I got the email this morning too - minutes after I had started the process of switching away!
Billing from Bulb has been chaotic (to say the least) since Smart Meter was installed last September (each month they seem to cancel the previous one and recalculate from September?). They have also failed to move me to a Smart tariff (the whole point of getting the meter in the first place) - the quality of this company has gone through the floor since I joined back in 2018.

3 Likes

Sadly it won’t be in my pocket but in my ponies tummies lol. That’s 2 round bales of hay which equals 20 days worth.

1 Like

Two happy ponies :racehorse: :racehorse: :racehorse:

Understatement of the year.

I’m very much looking forward to moving to a company that is actually coming through on its disruptive tech energy supplier promise. Bulb have been nothing short of a disappointment on that front. I haven’t even switched yet and already have access to Octopus’ data API. Where’s the Bulb API? Hmm? The one that has been on the roadmap for how long now?

1 Like

perchance lying in a ditch somewhere, all bruised and broken like the all singing, all dancing, all the bells and whistles accounts system

Loved Bulb at the start but after the smart meter fiasco - I’m still waiting…a year later for it to work or be replaced…the annoying bill errors…and now the price increase…time to go methinks.

2 Likes

Don’t think about it just do it while the going’s good

Checking out alternatives for electricity. Anyone tried Symbio? Savings look good but reviews are dodgy…

A couple of people on here switched to them and seemed happy enough. I tried but they wouldn’t accept anyone with an existing smart meter at the time late last year, not sure if it’s changed now.

If you’re interested in a £50 referral for Octopus then let me know :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes I feel same too. Bulb were really good too start. they have increasingly gotten expensive. My readings every month have gotten higher and higher. During the summer no heating on but yet they were charging me winter rates. Will be seriously looking after I have finished off paying them.