To other customers who have had the same experience as me, a copy for you to read of my final email to Bulb. I wont be boring you any more as I have had enough of their practices and I am calling it a day with them. Just to add that they sent me an email threatening to add an admin charge when I cancelled my DD - below is a pretty self explanatory response to their email. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED IT COULD ALSO HAPPEN TO YOU (ALREADY HAS FOR SOME).
Let’s get things in order before you go off at a tangent - this issue is down to you not me - read on!
- To add to your financial incompetence, lack of response to my communications you now are threatening me with an administration charge. So I now (in addition to everything else) have a problem with your attitude towards your customers which in practice is the polar opposite to what you promise on your statements in terms of resolving issues.
- Specifically - I sent you an email on 5/11/20 - please read it.
- I sent you another email on Friday 13/11/20 - please read it.
- Strange isn’t it - I cancel my DD (referred to in 2 and 3) on Friday 13/11/20 and “hey presto” all Bulb’s guns firing by way of a response on Monday 16/11/20 i.e. in super quick time, but still the silence continues in terms of a reply to 2 and 3 above. My queries were DELIBERATELY raised in good time (well enough in advance of my DD payment due on 01/12/20) giving Bulb an ample opportunity to respond and we could have reached a fair compromise to the issue of the appropriate DD instalment amount which was the issue I originally raised.
- Bulb operates a robotic correspondence reply system which has not been sufficiently well enough programmed to react to anything other than a simple perceived financial disadvantage to it (in this case the cancellation of a DD).
- Obviously you did not read, digest and respond appropriately to this customer’s correspondence (see 2 and 3 above) despite the aforementioned being VERY relevant to and leading to, my action (cancelling the DD). I have, ultimately, been forced to take this action as a result of your negligence in responding. Such action was necessary to protect my finances (I am retired and on a state pension) by avoiding running up a huge credit balance by the end of 12 months as a consequence of agreeing to go along with your baseless estimate of a much higher (and unrealistic) energy usage than any of my 7 years actual usage statistics which I have provided to you (2 above).
- One thing Bulb and myself do share in common is that I do not want to run up a huge debit balance (by paying too little each month) and I am sensible and financially responsible enough to manage a constant review and make the necessary changes to ensure that after 12 months neither of us is “out of pocket”.
I shall now look for an alternative supplier (you simply cannot be trusted - and I am not the only one feeling this way). I obviously will settle any balance due to you (and expect you to refund me if there is a credit balance) as and when the transfer to that supplier has taken place and the debt/credit has crystallised.
Summary of your performance - most disappointing and unprofessional.
Ian Bewick[date=2020-11-16 timezone=“Europe/London”]