How do I display Electricity Usage on the IHD, only showing Gas?

Smart meters (Electric and Gas) have been installed yesterday, installer said install went fine. Left me with the IHD, which looked straight forward to use, I have watched the video etc.

However, it seems it can only display Gas usage.

The IHD is about 1 meter away from the electric meter, so should be close enough. Its about 7 meters away from the Gas meter. I have also connected to WiFi, but I do not have the option to display Electric on IHD. Are there some instructions on how to connect it to the electric meter?

TIA!

Craig

Hey @craigski, welcome to Community!

Thanks for getting in touch, and I’m really sorry to hear you’re still having issues with your In-Home-Display (IHD).

The good news is that I can see that your IHD is connected to the smart network, it just needs a little push to fully connect to your meters. Please could you follow this link and fill in the details of the issue?

Once you’ve sent that in we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours.

Make sure you keep your IHD turned on and within 5m of your electricity meter overnight and restart it in the morning if nothing has changed.

If this doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date (the fix sometimes works the second time). If it’s still not working after 2 attempts, let us know.

Georgie

Hello, the link you sent just askes me to confirm I have powered off the IHD, and powered back on. I have already done that a couple of times already, but I just did it again. The device is right next to Electric meter, and the signal strength is full:

Just a heads up @craigski when mine was installed it took about 14 days for the electricity account to appear on the device. It’s because various codes need to be matched up in some databases outside of Bulb by the company who installed the equipment. It will all start working but just give it a week or 2 for the setup process to complete.

I’m just a customer like you but I hope that puts your mind at ease!

Thanks @K3vin, did you have to make contact with Bulb to get it working, or you just waited patiently for 14 days and it just started working? I’m sure it was showing electricity when installer was here yesterday, albeit 0 usage, but today shows only Gas.

@craigski I just had to wait but i didnt contact Bulb and it completely sorted itself out. I also had various days where something appeared to work then it disappeared again then came back. From what I understand it’s lots of systems talking to each other and they all need time to sync. No harm in clicking that link theyve asked you to - no harm can be done by ticking the 3 boxes and pressing submit. That just sends an instruction to reset systems. (Bit like turning it off and on again) but pretty confident in 2 weeks time it’ll all start working!

Hey @craigski, thanks for letting me know, we’ll see how we get on with the reset. Feel free to keep us updated here and we’ll take a look at what else we can do if 2 resets don’t work.

@K3vin, really glad to hear that your IHD started to work, we’re aware that sometimes it does take a little longer for these than expected to come online following an installation.

If you ever want to check anything regarding your IHD, feel free to pop a reply to this post, we’ll be happy to help!

Freya @ :bulb:

Hi @Freya_at_Bulb - this isn’t to be confused with the recent post I created stating my costs are not showing correctly. I’m just pointing out that last year when mine was initially installed that it took a few weeks to settle. I’m not sure if you’re referencing my recent post or just being polite because I responded here trying to be helpful :o)

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb @Freya_at_Bulb The reset, ‘little push’, or ‘over night tickle’ :grinning: seems to have worked, now displaying both electric and gas, not just gas, thank you.

Hey @craigski - I’m really happy to hear that! Let us know if you find viewing your usage data helpful going forwards, we’d love to get your feedback :smile:

Georgie

Hello @GeorgieS_at_Bulb. you did ask for some feedback :slight_smile:

Well, first I had just Gas on the IHD for a couple of days, then I had both Gas and Electric for another couple of days, after the mysterious ‘reset’. Two days after the reset request, I just have Electric readings now, Gas has ‘—’ for day, week, month etc, but Gas was working since the install on 25th until today. Is there anything you can check on your end? I have full signal to Hub and also good signal on WiFi.

SmartThings App is updating Gas usage, so it seems its an issue with the IHD ?

Is this a new version of IHD, I have a different version and still waiting for Bulb to fix electricity usage. I previously had both but only Gas for the last 2-3 months. Bulb and Smart meters are becoming a joke. When will this be sorted

Yes, I have the latest version of the IHD, the HD6, as per link above. My ‘new’ version only displayed Gas for a few days, but was advised by Bulb to request a reset. Now my situation is I only get Electricity on the IHD, no Gas.

The smart meter is working, both Gas and Electric. I am getting updated readings in Smart Things.

The issue is the IHD.

An my guess is the IHD is built at a price point to ‘give away’ to customers, and is not really fit for purpose at moment. Maybe they can fix with updates from the supplier of the IHD.

I would prefer to pay a supplier for an IHD device that worked, rather than get a ‘free’ one that doesn’t. The unfortunate thing is most will probably end up in land fill in a year or so, such a waste.

Hi , I am on about my third reset and the electricity data is still not showing. Its only when things go wrong you know how good a supplier is, such as there appears to be no way we can actually contact anyone from Bulb by phone. Been with them just 4 months and already thinking of leaving.

If you do a google search on IHD issues, you will see all suppliers have had similar issues reported.

Hi @GeorgieS_at_Bulb did you get a chance to review my feedback? I’m still unable to view Gas on IHD, but I am still getting Gas usage in SmartThings, that I understand is from the IHD device itself rather than the Meter?

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb are you reading this? Any update? Website is not updating either, I set to read every 30 mins, but only see usage on 28th Jan for one day only, nothing since then.