How do i request a refund if I'm in credit?

How do i request a refund if I’m in credit?

Hi @Iamjodie27

From the sticked post at the top of this forum entitled ‘How can I request a refund?

We advise keeping extra credit in your account so we don’t need to increase your payments during the colder months.

However, if you’ve built up credit in your account and would like us to refund it, you can let us know [ help@bulb.co.uk or see How to get in touch – Bulb ]

Before we refund the credit on your account, we’ll need to check:

1. You’ve given us a recent meter reading.
    Then we can check that the balance on your account is accurate compared to your usage before we issue a refund.

2. There is more than one month’s payment in your account.
    This is so your account does not fall into debit when we send your next statement.

We’ll refund the credit into the same account as your direct debit. It can take up to 10 working days to reach your bank account.

If you’d rather keep the credit in your account but lower your direct debit payments, just head to the “Payments and Statements” section of your Bulb account.

If you have moved supplier or house, we’ll automatically refund the credit on your account within a couple of weeks of receiving your final bill.

Just wanted to say big thank you to bulb for sorting me a refund and paying in to my bank account in just short of 12 hours.
That’s what you call Pretty dam quick.
Done the request through my online account at half past midnight and had a instant reply and money back in my account in just less than 12 hours.
This was credit that was in my account for paying extra each month , left a little bit still in due to winter months not to far away and a comfort factor for me.
Kind Regards
Michael.

Hi Michael (@MokeyDokey),

Welcome to community!! :wave:

Thanks for your post. I’m so glad to hear you have had such a positive experience and received your refund so quickly.

Good idea saving some credit for the winter months, there is always a ‘suggested amount’ when you apply for a refund in your Bulb Account to ensure you don’t go into debt. An alternative is reducing your monthly payment down.

You can read more about refunds here.

I’ve merged this onto a previous thread about refunds, so people can see your positive review. I hope that is ok.

– Daisy :bulb:

1 Like

Can you put £150 in my bank account out of my credit please.

Hi Phil :wave: Welcome to Community

This link provides some information about refunds at Bulb

I have dropped you an email so we can discuss your account.

Speak soon,

–KT :bulb:

Bulb wont give me a refund so i cancelled the direct debit so they can use my credit for at least 3 months, i am £179.23 in credit and only use about £50 at most each month

Hi @jontyrrell759 :wave:

It looks like you’ve spoken with Melaine via email since this post, and this is now being sorted for you.

Please do let me know if you need anything else.

– Robyn :bulb:

Good morning yes we are all sorted now

Jon

I requested a refund in july by writing to the email address. Nothing has happened. Any idea how to move things along?

Hey @adamrichardlacy - welcome to Community :partying_face:

I’ve seen your email and requested a refund on your account for you of £600- we leave about a month’s balance in the account so I’ve left a bit of credit for you. It should be there in about 305 working days. There’s also a payment from your DD due to reflect as well.

I recommend keeping an eye on the account as at the moment your monthly DD amount is much lower than your use (which is fine as you had a lot of credit!) but you may need to increase it in future to make sure the account doesn’t slip into debit.

Any questions just let us know.

– H :bulb:

Hi
Could someone message me about a refund please, there’s no-one available to chat. It’s over £1k and not money I can afford to lose. Thank you

Hey @joY300

I’ll pop a reply to your email now and get that sorted for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much Holly <3

1 Like

I know times are tough, but that’s harsh… Only kidding, I’m sure that’s just an unfortunately-timed typo! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi can anyone help I am in credit and spoken to a member of staff last week and was told my credit would be back in my account yesterday but it did not happen how do I get my credit back I have submitted my meter readings