How do I use that credit to pay for my energy rather than the money debited from my account?

Hi! I am new to bulb (2 months) but have done a bit of recruiting so in healthy credit. How do I use that credit to pay for my energy rather than the money debited from my account?

Hi @KatyB,

You can reduce your monthly payment yourself in MyBulb but I’d normally recommend contacting Bulb directly to request a temporary reduction in payments for a few months instead.
If you change it yourself and then forget to change it back, you could end up with a large debit in your account.

Alternatively you can have your excess credit transferred to your bank account if that would be better for you.

Either way, I’d suggest the web chat (here, bottom right) or phone (0300 30 30 635) on Monday.

Hi! I am new to bulb (2 months) but have done a bit of recruiting so in healthy credit. How do I use that credit to pay for my energy rather than the money debited from my account?

@KatyB - @mowcius got it spot on. Let us know what you’d like us to do and thanks for all the referrals! :slight_smile:

I just got an email saying I have to be two months in credit. If that was explicit in the beginning, I never would have switched to Bulb. When you sign up for one monthly price and find out a short way through your contract that it’s £20 more per month, frankly, that sucks and smacks of deceit. It’s more than my previous supplier and defeats the purpose of switching.

I just got an email saying I have to be two months in credit. If that was explicit in the beginning, I never would have switched to Bulb. When you sign up for one monthly price and find out a short way through your contract that it's £20 more per month, frankly, that sucks and smacks of deceit. It's more than my previous supplier and defeats the purpose of switching.

The two months credit is causing a lot of concerns. In reality you need to have sufficient credit in your account to pay one month in advance for your energy.

I just got an email saying I have to be two months in credit. If that was explicit in the beginning, I never would have switched to Bulb. When you sign up for one monthly price and find out a short way through your contract that it's £20 more per month, frankly, that sucks and smacks of deceit. It's more than my previous supplier and defeats the purpose of switching.

At this time of year, just heading in to the expensive winter period, it’s perfectly normal to have two months worth of credit on your account. That’s how all these “fixed monthly payment” tariffs work with all suppliers. You pay more over the summer to build up a credit, and then use it up in the winter. I don’t really see what you’re complaining about?