How does Bulb know who my old supplier is?

Hi community!

I just moved into my new home and switched to bulb. It says that they would do the switch for me and tell me old supplier that I am switching. But how does Bulb know who my old supplier is? I haven’t had any question regarding this…

My new place is supplied by a competitor, so there is a supplier (who doesn’t have my details yet). I just want to make sure the switch will be fine in the end.

Any ideas / thoughts?

Hi community!

I just moved into my new home and switched to bulb. It says that they would do the switch for me and tell me old supplier that I am switching. But how does Bulb know who my old supplier is? I haven’t had any question regarding this…

My new place is supplied by a competitor, so there is a supplier (who doesn’t have my details yet). I just want to make sure the switch will be fine in the end.

Any ideas / thoughts?

They can find the details from your address.

For Joe public you would find the current supplier of your property by following the OFGEM page at: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/connections-and-moving-home/who-my-gas-or-electricity-supplier

You should contact the current supplier before the switch takes place, they may well block the switch if they don’t have anyone’s details.