How long did you wait for prepayment referral bonus?

Hi all, my switch date was on Monday, I topped up my meter on Tuesday & was hoping i’d maybe hear from Transferwise today regarding my £50 referral bonus. How long did you guys wait between topping up and receiving the email?

Hi all, my switch date was on Monday, I topped up my meter on Tuesday & was hoping i'd maybe hear from Transferwise today regarding my £50 referral bonus. How long did you guys wait between topping up and receiving the email?

Please see this Bulb article. https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232212-I-ve-been-referred-by-a-friend-How-will-I-get-my-credit-

Hi @Dom18 - We have your top up data now, and we sent you a Transferwise email today.

I joined bulb via refer a friend on 28 th may and cannot see the 50 cedit yet, how long should it take over 2 weeks no and no sign

Hi @Mark001 - Sorry for the delay here. There was a slight issue with yours, I’ve manually applied it to both yours and your referrer’s accounts now.

Hi my switch date is today however I topped up 2 weeks ago with my key and I topped up today to make sure and haven’t had an email saying that I will receive a email from Transferwise. Is there anyway you can check to see if my top up went through ok as the lady said when she tried to put the credit on that it was saying error so she tried again and it went on but on my receipt it says Eon which wasn’t my old supplier so I was a little confused and hope the top up went on ok. It’s actually my third top up but the switch didn’t complete till today so hope this hasn’t messed it all up. Thanks in advance :blush: