How long does it generally take to return credit

I’ve now left bulb for a new supplier and they have my opening metre readings and have now took opening payment.I was wondering how long it generally took to receive a final bill and return credit.
Thankyou

Hi @phil60 :wave:

Thanks for posting. It’ll take up to 6 weeks to produce your final statement, and your refund should be made within 2 weeks of receiving that bill. This will be made via direct debit so we advise not to cancel it :relaxed:

The reason that it takes a while to produce your final statement is that there’s quite a lot that goes on behind the scenes with your new supplier. The first readings that you give them will be sent through to us, and we’ll charge you up to those so that you don’t get double charged for any units of electricity and gas.

You can read a bit more about this on our website.

Your switch went ahead today (6th July), so expect your final statement by 17th August and refund by 31st August.

Any questions, let us know.

Take care,

Niamh :bulb:

Hi thankyou . Does this mean you will still take another payment even though i have enough credit to settle final bill.

Hi @phil60

No - we only take the regular direct debit payment until the date of the switch, so your last payment was 17th June.

You’re well in credit so you’ll likely still be in credit after your final statement is produced, so that’ll be automatically refunded 2 weeks after the final statement is produced.

In the instance that you owed us money following your final statement, that would be drawn via direct debit 2 weeks after your final statement was produced.

I hope that helps :relaxed:

Niamh :bulb: