How long is the 5 day wait for a reply?

Contacted Bulb two weeks ago to say the electricity meter was not working and got a response that said they’d reply in five days. Are they swamped?

I sent email 2 weeks ago, same response. Still no reply. Eventually got through on the phone, representative said they had the email but had “missed” replying to it and would raise it! Still no reply to the email.

17 days now without a response despite reminders from me. They must be hopelessly understaffed.

Same here.
I send a request for an update every 2 weeks and I have not had a reply since April.
I have noticed the auto response used to say that they will reply within 5 days but now says 10 days.

I think they routinely ignore support requests for smart meters (if that is the reason for your email) presumably because they have so many and feel they can’t help anyway.

Its now been 19 days since my initial email, 5 since I phoned and they said they would “raise” my complaint and still no response. My estimated usage graph is insane, showing combined energy £225 estimate use for August when my actual use for June and July was less than £100, and the Gas usage for the next 5 months are already filled in!
They have increased my regular monthly payments from £102 to £223.15

Contacted Bulb two weeks ago to say the electricity meter was not working and got a response that said they'd reply in five days. Are they swamped?

If you get a reply it is likely to be an automated one with FAQs which is all I got. Then when you reply to that they will not respond. You need to phone them instead.

Its now been 19 days since my initial email, 5 since I phoned and they said they would "raise" my complaint and still no response. My estimated usage graph is insane, showing combined energy £225 estimate use for August when my actual use for June and July was less than £100, and the Gas usage for the next 5 months are already filled in! They have increased my regular monthly payments from £102 to £223.15

Don’t you provide your own monthly readings? Don’t tell me that you pay by Direct Debit as well!!

Don’t tell me that you pay by Direct Debit as well!!

Are you speaking from personal experience of problems in using direct debit?

This is by far the most convenient way to pay regular occurring bills.

I have eleven (11) direct debit payments set up and in the many years I have been using the direct debit system I have not had one single problem. Should this occur (extremely unlikely) there is always the direct debit guarantee to fall back on.

In the case of Bulb you have control of your direct debit payments subject to the one month advance payment requirement. So I have no concerns in using direct debit to pay Bulb for my energy, the same goes for the other ten organisations who I pay by direct debit.

Don’t tell me that you pay by Direct Debit as well!!

Are you speaking from personal experience of problems in using direct debit?

This is by far the most convenient way to pay regular occurring bills.

I have eleven (11) direct debit payments set up and in the many years I have been using the direct debit system I have not had one single problem. Should this occur (extremely unlikely) there is always the direct debit guarantee to fall back on.

In the case of Bulb you have control of your direct debit payments subject to the one month advance payment requirement. So I have no concerns in using direct debit to pay Bulb for my energy, the same goes for the other ten organisations who I pay by direct debit.

Well with so many direct debits I sincerely hope that you never have to provide proof of address. There is something to be said still for the odd paper bill.

Well with so many direct debits I sincerely hope that you never have to provide proof of address. There is something to be said still for the odd paper bill.

I don’t understand your logic?

All the recipients of my direct debits have details of my address on their bills which I can readily print out on my printer.

New customers don’t have any payment option other than direct debit. Initially Bulb allowed (and preferred) debit card payments but now only customers already paying by card continue to do so under “grandfather rights”.

I don't understand your logic?

Me neither. The method of payment has no relevance to billing, receipts, or proof of address.

New customers don't have any payment option other than direct debit. Initially Bulb allowed (and preferred) debit card payments but now only customers already paying by card continue to do so under "grandfather rights".

I’ve already told him. You’re wasting your time. He only believes things written on science-denying websites.

As per my earlier response are you speaking from personal experience about using direct debit?