How much so far ?

Hi could somebody that knows how to work out cost via unit price work this out for me please first meter read 001927
Second meter read 001946
I just want to know how much electricity its cost in money so far thnx sue

Hi could somebody that knows how to work out cost via unit price work this out for me please first meter read 001927 Second meter read 001946 I just want to know how much electricity its cost in money so far thnx sue

(current reading - previous reading) * your rate per kWh.

For example, (1946-1927)*£0.13 = £2.47

You’ll need to replace the cost with your own unit rate for your location. Also consider VAT if the rate is stated as including VAT or not. This cost does not include the daily standing charge.

Hi could somebody that knows how to work out cost via unit price work this out for me please first meter read 001927 Second meter read 001946 I just want to know how much electricity its cost in money so far thnx sue

(current reading - previous reading) * your rate per kWh.

For example, (1946-1927)*£0.13 = £2.47

You’ll need to replace the cost with your own unit rate for your location. Also consider VAT if the rate is stated as including VAT or not. This cost does not include the daily standing charge.

OH WOW thankyou the unit rate is what £0.13 omg I’m impressed that is just since I switched over last Thursday too :slight_smile:

OH WOW thankyou the unit rate is what £0.13 omg I'm impressed that is just since I switched over last Thursday too :)

As I said, you need to check what YOUR unit rate is for your area. Put your details in here: https://bulb.co.uk/tariff/

Rather surprised you didn’t do this before switching?

OH WOW thankyou the unit rate is what £0.13 omg I'm impressed that is just since I switched over last Thursday too :)

As I said, you need to check what YOUR unit rate is for your area. Put your details in here: https://bulb.co.uk/tariff/

Rather surprised you didn’t do this before switching?

I did do it before switching

I did check before I switched

Great :slight_smile:

Not sure why you were surprised by the unit rate then?

Great :)

Not sure why you were surprised by the unit rate then?

I was more surprised how little its cost so far, as I was previously with boost energy on a prepayment smart meter and it was costing me between £3.50-£5.00 a day as there unit rates was a lot higher, I’m happy that with bulb it’s now going to be lower & I’ll be saving

I was more surprised how little its cost so far, as I was previously with boost energy on a prepayment smart meter and it was costing me between £3.50-£5.00 a day as there unit rates was a lot higher, I'm happy that with bulb it's now going to be lower & I'll be saving

Hmm. Well there’s something not right here. If you’ve used £2.47 since Thursday, that’s about £0.61 per day over 4 days.

Bulb certainly aren’t over five times cheaper than any other supplier. That would imply Boost Energy were charging you something like 65p per kWh which is clearly ludicrous. Are you sure you’ve got either the meter readings or your dates mixed up?

I was more surprised how little its cost so far, as I was previously with boost energy on a prepayment smart meter and it was costing me between £3.50-£5.00 a day as there unit rates was a lot higher, I'm happy that with bulb it's now going to be lower & I'll be saving

Hmm. Well there’s something not right here. If you’ve used £2.47 since Thursday, that’s about £0.61 per day over 4 days.

Bulb certainly aren’t over five times cheaper than any other supplier. That would imply Boost Energy were charging you something like 65p per kWh which is clearly ludicrous. Are you sure you’ve got either the meter readings or your dates mixed up?

Boost is expensive there unit rates for prepayment are
Electric 16.24p + daily standing charge of 31.27p
Gas 4.05p + daily standing charge 28.90p
I was topping up about £30 every week sometimes more

Boost is expensive there unit rates for prepayment are Electric 16.24p + daily standing charge of 31.27p Gas 4.05p + daily standing charge 28.90p I was topping up about £30 every week sometimes more

Right. But 16.24p is not 5x greater than 13.262p.

And on top of that it would appear you’re comparing the Bulb direct debit prices with the Boost prepayment prices, so the difference is going to be even lower.

There’s something wrong somewhere but I’ve no idea what.

Hi @Sue1970, it’s great to hear that you’re enjoying Bulb!

Your usage can vary week by week, but your energy will definitely be cheaper now you’re with Bulb.

There’s certainly a big difference between using £30 a week, and your consumption with Bulb. It could be that there was debt on your prepayment meter, so every time you topped up, part of the payment went towards paying off the debt rather than your energy usage.

If you don’t think there should have been debt on the meter, it could be worth getting in touch with your previous supplier. The debt may be left over from a previous tenant, which you don’t want to be paying for.