How often do you HAVE to submit meter readings?

I am a little lazy when it comes to taking meter readings and find checking every month a hassle, (years ago I can remember only having to do this twice a year with nPower). Would every quarter be okay?

If they plan to raise rates I’ll definitely put a reading is so I pay the right rate for what I use

Once a quarter is acceptable but for better accuracy once a month is best.

@SimonP Yeah @scudo is correct, in an ideal utopian world for energy suppliers everyone would submit their readings every month, but obviously life gets in the way of that and submitting your readings every quarter should be sufficient for keeping your account accurate. Remember even if we estimate your bill to be higher than it is, next time you enter a reading you will be credited back that amount.

@SimonP, after not submitting meter readings for about 4 months, Bulb said nothing to me, so you can get away with quite a long time.
The terms now state you must submit readings every 90 days (used to be 30 days) though.

My account usage predictions were pretty out so I wouldn’t recommend waiting so long, but it’s not really an issue if you do.

I am a little lazy when it comes to taking meter readings and find checking every month a hassle, (years ago I can remember only having to do this twice a year with nPower). Would every quarter be okay?

You can leave it for every three months according to their T&C’s…

Personally I do it once a month just prior to the bill being prepared so that I get an accurate bill, Bulb will send an email to remind you about a meter reading… My previous supplier used to bill me every three months and they would email me to request a meter reading.

Having to read the meter every month could be a haasle for some, but since it only takes me a couple of minutes to read both my meters and input to my account I don’t find it an hassle.

Hi guys, yep honestly if you don’t mind having inaccurate statements for a few months in between readings then that’s fine, just send them over every three months or so. If you want accurate statements every month then we’d love to get monthly meter readings, but it’s up to you really.