How Often?

How often do I submit a meter reading to bulb? I sent the first one and received an email back advising me to send another one in three months (!) is that correct?

Thanks in anticipation.

How often do I submit a meter reading to bulb? I sent the first one and received an email back advising me to send another one in three months (!) is that correct?

Thanks in anticipation.

Personally I would send a meter reading every month, that way your monthly bills will be based on actual rather than estimated readings.

To reinforce this view please see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003193451-When-should-I-submit-a-meter-reading-

I think there is conflicting information relating to how often to send meter readings some say every month elsewhere it says every three months. If you plonk for every month there should be no surprises when you get your monthly bill.

Bulb’s T&Cs require that readings are submitted at least every 90 days.
However, for accurate billing, monthly readings, submitted two or three days before the statement date will avoid estimates.
You should get an email reminder three days before the statement date, although, for the first time since switching in December, I didn’t get one in July. No matter really - I have a monthly repeating alarm on tablet and phone.

Similar to 198kHz I also have an alarm set up on my PC to remind me to submit my readings, useful if you are going to be away on holidays etc during the period when Bulb is due to send the email reminder about submitting a new reading. Sending monthly meter readings isn’t an onerous task if you have ready access to the meters (somewhat far more difficult if located in some almost inaccessible place),

Hey MMT, looks like you have the answer here. Really, we need one every 3 months as a minimum so we can check our estimates don’t get too far from the true usage. This is especially important if you are an unusually high or low user, or your usage changes unexpectedly. If you submit every month as Allanr and 198kHz do then you will avoid estimated bills entirely. We need accurate billing to make sure your payments are set at an appropriate amount. I hope that clears it up - every 3 months is necessary, every month is optimal.

Thanks all.