I just wanted to clear up the conditions for receiving refunds, as there’s been a few questions.
As stated in our terms and conditions here, if you’d like a refund:
- You will need to provide us with an up-to-date meter reading if you haven’t done so in the past three months.
- When we receive your up-to-date meter reading, we will calculate if you will have credit in your account at the end of next month. This calculation will be based on your up-to-date meter reading and your expected energy usage for the next month.
- If our calculations show you will have credit in your account at the end of the next month, we can refund the remaining credit from your Bulb account if you ask us to.
- If you’ve recently changed payment methods, you will need to wait until a payment has been taken by your new payment method before requesting a refund.
- If we have refunded credit from your account, we can still increase your automatic payments to cover the energy we think you’ll use during the winter months, if we think your payments are too low.
Once you’ve requested the refund it can take 3-5 working days to arrive. The reference for the refund will include ‘Bulb Energy’.
I hope this clears things up, and I’ll start to answer everyone individually now.