How refunds work

I just wanted to clear up the conditions for receiving refunds, as there’s been a few questions.

As stated in our terms and conditions here, if you’d like a refund:

1. You will need to provide us with an up-to-date meter reading if you haven’t done so in the past three months.
  2. When we receive your up-to-date meter reading, we will calculate if you will have credit in your account at the end of next month. This calculation will be based on your up-to-date meter reading and your expected energy usage for the next month.
  3. If our calculations show you will have credit in your account at the end of the next month, we can refund the remaining credit from your Bulb account if you ask us to.
  4. If you’ve recently changed payment methods, you will need to wait until a payment has been taken by your new payment method before requesting a refund.
  5. If we have refunded credit from your account, we can still increase your automatic payments to cover the energy we think you’ll use during the winter months, if we think your payments are too low.

Once you’ve requested the refund it can take 3-5 working days to arrive. The reference for the refund will include ‘Bulb Energy’.

I hope this clears things up, and I’ll start to answer everyone individually now.

1 Like

Well, I asked for a refund on my credit as I felt it was too big. It was there in a quite short while. As for my other question on payment, I can state that I would never let my account go into the red, so my payment would cover my usage at all times and leave a smaller amount on my credit . I’m quite satisfied with the service at the moment. Well done!

1 Like

Hey @philtaylor1805 :wave:

I can see a refund was processed for you on 17/09/21 - did you get it?

In terms of the payments, we bill to your meter readings so the more meter readings we get (once a month is perfect, ideally 1-2 days before the billing date) we’ll be able to work out how much your use is, and the DD can be adjusted to that.

Glad to hear we’ve been helpful so far, let us know if there’s anything else we can do :relaxed:

– H :bulb:

I have tried on and off all day to contact customer services for a credit refund. So far unable to get through. Is there anyone there?

1 Like

Hi @richardcaz ,

Welcome to community!!! :wave: And thanks for your post.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’re experiencing some high volumes of traffic to our services at the minute.

Your current account balance is £267.81. We recommend keeping 1 months worth of credit in your account to cover the next statement. We could refund £168.83 today. Is that ok?

– Daisy :bulb:

Hi bulb, I am currently £1666 in credit. I have amended my direct debit as requested on the website, but when I tried to get a refund it said I wasn’t eligible. This seems bonkers.
Dave

1 Like

Are there any recent meter readings on your account? My guess would be no… (If all Bulb have to work on is guesses, sorry, estimates, the automatic refund mechanism seems to default to no).

Thank you Daisy, l appreciate your timely response.

A refund if £168.83 would be appreciated.

In addition l would like to review my current monthly payments of £98.98 as in July we had a smart meter fitted in order to properly monitor our usage as l believed we were not using £100 of electricity per month. So far our the meter has proved invaluable as our usage and bills have proved significantly different from that of the past 18mths. Based on our bill last month of £44 we were and are not using as any where near the £98.98 per month that l am paying. Could l propose that my monthly payment are reduced to around £70?

Many thanks

Hi, yes I added them today

I am £347 in credit yet when i asked for £200 to be reimbursed to our account was only offered £57??? even worse when i tried to alter our monthly DD which for the last 6 months we have been overpaying, Bulb refused, sorry i find this poor can you please offer a reasonable excuse for this.

I have been trying to contact bulb all day to get a credit refund. How do I get one?!? I have reduced my dd but I’m £787 in credit

Hi I’m currently £273.62 in credit and being asked to increase my £145 DD to £195!! Usage last month was £90. I’ve tried to contact to ask for a refund but no one is available. Can you help?

1 Like

Hi team, I’m about 280 in credit and am trying to get my refund too - happy to leave 80 quid in to cover next payment of 71.5. Been on the phone for 20 mins with no pick up yet. Please can this be organised.

I applied for a refund of my £202 credit and sent meter readings, but Bulb claim i don’t qualify for credit. How can that be, it’s my money they are holding? I tried to reduce my payments but they wouldn’t allow that either!

Same happened to me on Monday, they’ll be reluctant to return any cash whilst they don’t have any of their own!! Reality is they won’t have your cash, they will have used it to support there own working capital issues…

Inevitably there will be Insolvency Practitioners managing their affairs ahead of an insolvency…

I also asked for a refund of the significant credit on my account but have been refused a full refund which I am following up with the Energy Onbudsman. I find it disgraceful that Bulb are refusing to pay back my credits in full despite a monthly direct debit that ensure my account is always in credit. Very dissatisfied.

Hi @richardcaz,

I can see your refund is in process and your monthly payment has been reduced to £70! Let me know if you need anything else.

@Foffy - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You are currently in £273.62 credit, minus 1 months payment, we could refund £128.62 today. Let me know if you’d like to go ahead and I can process for you.

– Daisy :bulb:

Well, I asked for a refund on my credit as I felt it was too big. It was there in a quite short while. As for my other question on payment, I can state that I would never let my account go into the red, so my payment would cover my usage at all times and leave a smaller amount on my credit . I’m quite satisfied with the service at the moment. Well done!

Hi, looking for a credit refund but cannot get through to anyone on chat as always busy.

Not busy, they will have been told not to answer as they know everyone is going to be asking for refunds!!!

3 Likes