The Priority Service Register is a free support service if you or someone you live with needs help to manage your energy supply.
As we move into Winter, it’s important to know whether you can register for this support or not.
The types of situations that make you eligible are:
- If you have anyone over the age of 60 or under the age of 5 living in your home
- If you have any long term medical conditions
- If you have medical equipment that relies on a power supply
- If you have any mobility issues
- If you require any alternative forms of communication e.g. letters in braille
Energy UK estimates that between 40-50% of UK households can be considered as living in these kinds of situations. That’s why it’s important to check whether you can qualify for support, so that you can receive the help you need.
Even if your friend or family member isn’t with Bulb, they can still register with their current supplier as it is a free service that every supplier offers.
Being on the PSR can mean:
- Your local network operator will notify you of any planned power cuts in your area. This is important if you have medical equipment that needs an energy supply.
- Engineer codewords so you know when someone is a verified representative of Bulb
- Someone to come around to read your meter once every 3 months
- Receive communications from Bulb in various forms e.g. braille, large print etc.
- To see the full list here is a link to Ofgem’s article
How to enrol:
The simplest way to enrol yourself on the PSR is by clicking here.
But if you want to know how to find it in your account then you can follow these steps -
Step 1: log into your Bulb account and then click on the ‘Account settings’ button
Step 2: scroll down the page until you see the ‘Extra support’ tab
Step 3: It will then go through a series of questions and you just need to tick all that apply to you (please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re unsure by any of the questions)
Step 4: Our systems will then suggest a range of additional services that we recommend based on your current situation. For example, in the case of enrolling my grandmother, who suffers from poor eyesight and doesn’t use emails. We have enrolled her for large print statements by post and she has nominated me as someone to manage her account on her behalf.
Step 5: once you have selected all of the services that you would like, just click the ‘Finish’ button when you’re done.