How to calculate costing

Hi can anyone advise? According to my meter reading for my gas i have used 39kwh of gas in one calendar month. im trying to calculate exactly what this equates to in terms of costing? Im sure its pretty simple but my brain just wont help me!!

Hi @summerleeze , is that definitely 39kWh or do you mean 39 units used on your meter? 39kWh is very low. For example, last month i used 25 units on my meter, which equated too 280 kWh. Once you confirm, i will help you with the formula.

If you did mean 39kWh then if you are charged the same as me 3.21 p/kWh then your cost is £1.25 +VAT. Also need to add on your standing charge.

Hi can anyone advise? According to my meter reading for my gas i have used 39kwh of gas in one calendar month. im trying to calculate exactly what this equates to in terms of costing? Im sure its pretty simple but my brain just wont help me!!

The unit prices per kWh varies according to your region. But assuming the unit price is 3.5 pence per kWh, the cost of 39kWh works out at: .£1.37 for the month but don’t forget you have to add the standing charge which is 20.44 pence per day or about £6 per month.

Approx due to regional differences I would make your gas Bill as:
39 units
= 429 kWh

• standing charge & Vat
    = £20.84

The formula for working it out is at the bottom of your Bill.

thanks for the replies :slight_smile: either costing makes me happy to be fair!

@darryl5653 i guess i must mean 39 units used on my meter. last month it showed 00663 this month 00702. :slight_smile:

Yes that would appear to be the case, so Bill around the £21 mark including your standing charge and VAT.