How to upgrade IHD

I currently have an In home Display (IHD) from Scottish Power that was installed in 2016. It feels primitive compared to other smart devices I have in the house. The battery on it is so warn out that it can only manage a couple of minutes unplugged before it dies.

I really want something better, hopefully something that I can connect to via wifi so I can see my usage when not at home and hopefully be able to log usage by the hour.

The smart meter that is currently installed in the garage is an SMTES1 Elster AS300P.

Can someone recommend a solution?

Hi @georges_necer :wave: - welcome to Community!

As your smart meter is SMETS1 and was installed by Scottish Power, I’m afraid we won’t be able to send you a replacement IHD. This is because we won’t be able to connect it to your meters and the network.

We are currently working on ensuring that our IHDs are compatible with SMETS1 meters, so once we have an update we’ll let you know.

I appreciate it’s not quite the same but you can view your daily usage in your Bulb account.

– Meg :bulb:

I’m in a similar situation, so please let me know when your IHDs are compatible with SMETS1 meters.

Hi @danco :wave:

Of course, as soon as we can we will send out a software update to both your IHD and smart meters to pair them together and connect them back to the network.

When this is possible I’m sure we will get in contact with our SMETS 1 members to notify them that their IHD’s will now be compatible again alongside a post on our community page.

As Meg said above it’s not quite the same but you can view your daily usage in your Bulb account in the meantime.

Best,
Luke :bulb: