How to use Help and Support

For how long :laughing:?

1 Like

I only have just over four days left on Planet Bulb so I will try and be nice to everyone but as you know that may change :innocent: :innocent:

I say let rip and go out with a bang :boom: :boom:

Could yet happen reading these recent posts

Hello,I received an email from bulb to give you my meter read for my switch but can not find where on earth to enter my first meter readings for dual rate electric (day & night)
Help please?
Mark

If all you can see when you login is a link to this community, this is a common fault. Contact Bulb for an account reset. The problem is going to be fixed very soon, as of last November.

See: Meter Readings: Queries - #15 by William_at_Bulb

I have the same issue, I’m pregnant disabled and have compromised immune system. I can’t believe they don’t have an out of hours number or any way of getting help/support and I’m so shocked that they don’t send the replacement cards by next or same day delivery. Definitely switching provider after this.

1 Like

how do i give my meter readings

If all you can see when you login is a link to this community, this is a common fault. Contact Bulb for an account reset. The problem is going to be fixed very soon, as of last November.

See: Meter Readings: Queries - #15 by William_at_Bulb

aren’t you overjoyed to now be in the land of the free? You’ll be able to look back on this experience when you write your memoirs and have a bloody good cry :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

My problem is my smart meter fitted by previous supplier has stopped working entirely. The screen on the gas meter shows nothing and will not wake up no matter what I do. The meter was meant to be changed but cancelled due to Covid.
I believe the estimated readings my bill shows are high and I am paying too much. When they come to change it does it have a manual reading in the meter? Don’t want to keep paying more than I should as it could be months before it will be changed.

Hi @2tc :wave:,

We will rebook your meter appointment as soon we can when we resume jobs as normal.

Yes, often engineers are able to pull a final reading from meters that have faulty displays during the exchange so we can charge you to that reading and if we have been over estimating your usage then we will credit back any excess from your account.

We will need to use estimates between now and then which will be based on your previous usage when you were able to give readings.

I hope this clears things up a bit more but feel free to send us an email at help@bulb.co.uk if not. :slightly_smiling_face:

i have a issue with my meter reading . when i switch i mention as a two meter reading day and night.i also mention i have economy 7 meter . its almost 3 month and bulb is making excuse that my previous provider did not provide them right information. even i gave them my last 2 years bill on which its clear mention day and night rate and charges.

Hi @mehreenajasmaan

Welcome to the Bulb community, glad to have onboard.

We are unfortunately sometimes passed incorrect meter details by other suppliers, and this seems to be what has happened in your case.

We have contacted British Gas to ask them to confirm the correct details for your meter, but haven’t heard back yet.

I’m going to contact them again now to chase up the issue, and I’ll email you when I hear back about it.

I would stay with British gas since I changed to bulb from British gas I’ve had constant problems and higher bills I’m desabled and thought bulb sounded great as I like to help the planet but my problems gone on for months and would hate for more people to go throu the sane

1 Like

Hi,

How do I apply for the winter payment please.

https://account.bulb.co.uk/warm-home-discount

Hi @lou_17_uk - the link that @skippy64 has posted above will take you to the application page for the Warm Home Discount in your Bulb account.

There’s more information about eligibility here. As always, if you have any questions or need any help with the application, just let us know here and I can drop you an email. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had my new smart meters fitted on 17th November. The installation was fine, but the engineer left the old gas meter on the premises, when he should have taken it away (he took the old electric meter).

Can you please arrange for the old meter to be collected and disposed of?

Thank you

Hi

I’ve received my first statement from you,for £3,230but my opening meter reading is massively under-estimated. I do have an opening reading and did supply this when I arranged my account, but it doesn’t appear to have been updated.

How do I get this updated?

Thank you