How to use the 50£ gift from Bulb

Hi,

I am a new bulb-member. I received a gift of 50£ as I was referred from another member. However, now that I have to pay my first bill how can I use these 50£? Thanks!

Hello PavlosK. You need to phone or email bulb and ask for a refund to your account of the £50 or ask for it to be credited to your Bulb account. This is not done automatically.

Hi,

I am a new bulb-member. I received a gift of 50£ as I was referred from another member. However, now that I have to pay my first bill how can I use these 50£? Thanks!

On the day of your actual switch to Bulb (i.e. when they start supplying energy) they will take your first direct debit which nominally will be your estimated annual charges divided by 12.

On the day you switch to Bulb will credit the £50 referral to your account, you can either request this refund from Bulb or better still use it to reduce your future direct debit payments. Normally as a new customer Bulb would like to get several monthly readings from you so that they can gauge the amount of money which can be refunded to you. Also you need to take into account Bulb requires payment in advance for the next months energy use.

Hi @PavlosK

If your account is in enough credit to cover your next payment, the payment won’t automatically be stopped or reduced.

Your payments are an average to cover your annual cost of energy.

You tend to use more energy in the winter, and less in the summer. So, your ideal monthly payment amount would be an average of your winter and summer bills.

Your regular meter readings help ensure you’re being charged the right amount. If your payments look to high or low, we’d tell you in the 'Payments & statements" section.

Hi all and thanks for the responses. However I still fail to understand how I am going to use the 50£ in order to let’s say pay the next bill.

@PavlosK, Bulb, like most energy companies, charge you a monthly amount which goes into your Bulb account. You’re then charged out of that account for the energy that you use.

The £50 referral bonus will be credited into that Bulb account. You can therefore reduce your monthly payments into that account to use up the credit, or as we’re going into winter, you might want to leave everything as it is to ensure your Bulb account doesn’t go into debit while you’re using mor energy. Third option is give Bulb a ring and they will be able to refund any extra credit back to your bank account.

If this is still not clear, give Bulb a ring on 0300 30 30 635 and hopefully they will be able to explain it better.

Hi @PavlosK hopefully @mowcius’s comment helped, if there’s anything else we can explain in more detail please do let us know :slight_smile:

Hi guys, thank you very much for all your comments and help. I think I got how it works. I will let you know if any new questions come up :slight_smile: