i am paying by direct debit why do i need to change payment

you have requested I increase my monthly payment. I can certainly do this but why do you not simply take the payment for the electricity used as did british gas?

Hi @thefordprefect , we operate a bit differently than the larger suppliers such as British Gas. We do not have “live billing” in where we take exactly how much is used each month. Instead, you can change your monthly payments whenever you want on your online Bulb account to align with your usage and, thereby, your account balance :).

Hi @thefordprefect , we operate a bit differently than the larger suppliers such as British Gas. We do not have "live billing" in where we take exactly how much is used each month. .

Just by way of clarity, I was with two of the big suppliers before switching to Bulb about 5 months ago. Neither of these had so called “live billing”, my direct debit did not change to meet the exact cost of their bills. Their system to all intents was similar to Bulbs, except they produced bills every three months although my direct debits were monthly based.

The advantage of being with Bulb is that customers have the facilty to vary ones on own direct debit, with the previous two suppliers this wasn’t the case and I had to demonstrate to them why I thought my direct debits were incorrect.