I am submitting meter readings but every month my bills are showing estimates

I’m unhappy with the way Bulb haven’t used my actual readings.
I submit readings almost every month and I seam to be getting estimate readings and bills. Any help would be appreciated please.

Now, this is worrying for someone new to Bulb. Looks like I am going to regret changing energy supplier…

Now, this is worrying for someone new to Bulb. Looks like I am going to regret changing energy supplier.....

I’ve been with Bulb for five months, and my actual readings have always been taken into account when they prepare my statement.

Ideally you should submit your meter readings a couple of days before the statement is prepared, you will get an email reminder asking for your meter readings.

If however you submit your meter readings for example 10 days before your statement date then Bulb will make an estimate of your meter readings to cover the period when the readings were submitted and the statement date. However this will self correct in later months if you keep submitting monthly meter readings.

I submit readings almost every month
...almost.... It sounds like they are having to use estimates some months when you don't submit, submit as Allanr suggests when you receive the email request.