I Don't Understand My ££ Payments upon Joining Bulb.... :(

Hi,I read something about paying for my gas & elec in advance When I first join Bulb energy,but I can’t remember/Doin’t understand what they were… :frowning: - Is this Just on joining Or does this occur Every month?- I have “Severe Mental Impairment” & live alone… :frowning: *Thanks… :slight_smile:

Hi,I read something about paying for my gas & elec in advance When I first join Bulb energy,but I can't remember/Doin't understand what they were... :( - Is this Just on joining Or does this occur Every month?- I have "Severe Mental Impairment" & live alone.... :( *Thanks.... :)

Does this article help you: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work-

Hi @HullChris_

The link that @Allanr has put in the post above should help understand your payments and statements.

I’ll explain here too, but let us know if you have any other questions.

Each month, you’ll pay the same amount by direct debit. Your first payment is made on the switch date - that was yesterday.

At the end of the billing cycle (3rd of each month), we’ll send you a statement to let you know how much energy you’ve used. If you submit a meter reading when we send you a reminder, we’ll know exactly how much energy you’ve used. If you didn’t manage to send us a reading then we’ll estimate your usage for that month. We’re generally pretty good at estimating your usage.

If you have used more energy that you have paid into your Bulb account, then your account will go into debit. If you have used less energy than you’ve paid into your Bulb account, then you’ll be in credit.

Let me know if this is unclear, we can always give you a quick call to talk you through it.