i got the £100 credit, but it's never used up.

i signed up and got the £100 credit, but just get billed as normal… so when does this credit get used? if it never goes on paying a bill, when do i get it?

i signed up and got the £100 credit, but just get billed as normal... so when does this credit get used? if it never goes on paying a bill, when do i get it?

It gets added to your account, in theory it should mean your actual monthly payments are less than they would be without the £100 credit.

IF you wish you can go into your “Payments settings” via this page : https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/payments-and-statements and reduce your monthly payments in order to use up your credit. You should however have sufficient in your Bulb account to pay the following months energy usage. You could also leave the payment the same to take into account greater use of energy in the forthcoming winter.

You could get it all refunded if you wanted, but personally I prefer having credit so once winter comes I’m not suddenly shocked at my bills.

I pay £65 monthly all year, despite using around £30-£40 in the summer. In winter my bills can hit £90.

If you are confident your regular payments will cover you all year round, then refund it - otherwise, do some budgeting and decide what to do.

@limes @Allanr & @darren8792 are absolutely right - you can use it to pay for your future energy use (such as in winter when your statements are likely to be higher than your payments), or you can reduce your monthly payments accordingly, or you can have it refunded as cash as long as we keep one month’s payment in the account.