I really need to get smart meters installed asap

Hi, I joined Bulb a year ago because you all but promised me a smart gas/electric meter by the end of 2018. I have my mains exposed in my living room in preparation for this. Do you know if this is still possible?

I really need to get smart meters installed asap so I can then box them in and decorate around.

Thank you.

Your meters need to be accessible so whatever you do the “boxing in” needs to be removable.

With that in mind, can you not build something accessible now and still change the meters at a later date?

I used to want a smart meter, then I heard of problems with them, perhaps all is well now…I guess they are good in pinpointing places of high use and sending usage details to the company, but I’ve just not quite eager now.

@Joseph_Nelson @Chris3 We don’t supply smart meters at the moment.

We’re waiting for second generation smart meters to become available as first generation have a huge shortcoming: when you switch they lose their smart meter functionality.

We think that our members should be able to switch and maintain the smart meter functionality. We’re hoping to offer this in early 2019.

If you’re interested, there’s more info on our blog https://bulb.co.uk/blog/were-bringing-you-smart-meters-but-not-quite-yet-heres-why

We will be in touch as soon as we can to install a smart meter for you.