i switched before my old supplier folded and ceased trading

My old supplier, solarplicity ceased trading in july / august 2019 , i had switched to bulb may 21st and so far haven’t had a final bill from my old supplier , they have now been taken over by EDF, edf won’t deal with my account because I switched before solarplicity folded, so, no final bil , payments staken by DD after my account switched despite reads being sent by bulb, anyone else got advice / had a similar experience regarding this ?

If I am right here:

Solarplicity transferred many customers to Toto Energy.
The remaining solarplicity customers were moved to EDF by OFGEM as the appointed supplier to take over.

Your best bet may be to email OFGEM and ask them?

looks like it has to be ofgem , I don’t have much faith as I didn’t have confirmation from solarplicity when i raised a complaint with them (re delayed closure of my account and taking dd payments after closure) before they folded, they didn’t follow correct procedure and advise complaint reference or acknowledge my complaint at all, so in theory I can contact the ombudsman because a resolution hasn’t been reached in the allotted 8 week period, in practice no complaint exists and no-one has my account , so no final bill and solarplicitys administrators have £150.00…

looks like it has to be ofgem , I don't have much faith as I didn't have confirmation from solarplicity when i raised a complaint with them (re delayed closure of my account and taking dd payments after closure) before they folded, they didn't follow correct procedure and advise complaint reference or acknowledge my complaint at all, so in theory I can contact the ombudsman because a resolution hasn't been reached in the allotted 8 week period, in practice no complaint exists and no-one has my account , so no final bill and solarplicitys administrators have £150.00.........

OFGEM stated all outstanding credits will be honored.

"I’ve left Solarplicity, but have a credit balance. Will EDF Energy pay me this money?

EDF Energy will honour credit balances for both current and past domestic customers of Solarplicity who are owed money.

EDF Energy will review details of any debt or credit on your account. Wait for them to contact you with relevant instructions. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have on credit on your account. The review process can take some time, as EDF Energy needs to get and review your records from Solarplicity. When calculating your credit balance, EDF Energy will deduct any unbilled charges for your supply by Solarplicity. These are calculated by Solarplicity’s administrators.

Payments through direct debit

Should I cancel my direct debit?

I’ve already cancelled my direct debit. Should I do anything?

Prepayment meter customers

What will happen to my prepayment meter?

Complaints and contacts

Will EDF Energy take on my unresolved complaint to Solarplicity?

Feed-in Tariff (FIT) customers and generators

Solarplicity were responsible for paying our Feed-in Tariff payments. Will EDF become responsible for these?

I had agreed a separate Power Purchase Agreement with Solarplicity. What happens to this?

Enquiries

Contacting EDF

Contacting Solarplicity’s administrators

Further help

Ofgem’s role

You can read more about our powers to protect consumers when suppliers go out of business in our guidance: Supplier of Last Resort process.

Return to Ofgem safety net: If your energy supplier goes out of business

"

So looks to me like you need to contact EDF

I had the misfortune to be with Economy Energy and left them in August 2018 with a credit balance of £130. I then spent months trying to get my money back until January 2019 when they ceased trading. OVO took on responsibilities so I registered my claim for repayment with them and finally got my money back in June 2019.