I used £2,000,000 of electricity on 2nd July!!!!!!!!

Clearly I didn’t but my bulb account is showing I used £2,189,837.30 on 2nd July!!! Just hoping this is a mistake otherwise I am bankrupt! Presuming this is a rounding error on the new smart gas meter?

Correction that was the Electricity meter. For the benefit of doubt I used £1.05 worth of gas on the same day. I must be paying for the whole of London

Amazing.

For the record you are now #1 on the leader board.

@sindbadpeter £2,000,000
@SimonS £1,370,682
@Johno £475,000

Any more for the top score?

I guess this is why I haven’t received a bill this month …

Maybe I can crowdfund my electricity bill!!

Testing? We've heard of it!

I wonder what other common quotes must be commonly heard from the Bulb dev team.

Perhaps a few more unittests and a bit less agile/devops is in order?

I must remember not to use the oven! Maybe it was the toaster

haha obviously you didn’t use that much electricity! This may just be a system error but if you are overly concerned i would give us a call 0300 30 30 635

May be a system error?
Rolls about laughing!

Indeed one would have thought any billing system would generate an alert when the readings are out of an expected range.

Many year ago in the days of the London Electricity Board we got a bill for four figures because they read the meter wrong.

Now we all have Smart Meters that will never happen again :slight_smile:

Smart meters are suppose to be the bees knees,but not the ones installed by Bulb!

HenryF Call us? Did that,on numerous occasions,last time on hold for 27 minutes only to receive the usual scripted response!
Even emailed Hayden@bulb but never received a reply!
Customer service? What a joke!

haha obviously you didn't use that much electricity! This may just be a system error but if you are overly concerned i would give us a call 0300 30 30 635

@“HenryF at Bulb” you’re about as good as @“Alex B at Bulb” in this thread.

Why should the customer call you? They’ve already contacted you here, via your customer forum. This “may” just be a system error? You think? Clearly there is something wrong with this account - take ownership of the problem and contact the customer yourself! Not sure which customer it is? Well, try searching for the one that owes you two million quid. I’m sure there can’t be that many.

What’s the point in even posting on here if all you’re going to do is say “if you are overly concerned i would give us a call”? I could knock up a bot in about half an hour to provide better customer support than that. Surely you aim to provide better customer service than a bot? I know people where I work, where they do the absolute bare minimum possible to not get fired. It’s infuriating.

@“Eleanor at Bulb” are you the only one here that actually does any work?

haha obviously you didn't use that much electricity! This may just be a system error but if you are overly concerned i would give us a call 0300 30 30 635

Hilarious response! Who is not going to be overly concerned seeing figures of that magnitude? I would certainly be questioning the accuracy of the figures even after the ‘system error’ was rectified.

I’m still waiting on my up to date bill even though they have a smart electric reading and the not so smart gas meter reading I provided. Apparently it’s complex. If I don’t receive a reply by end of business tomorrow I’m filing an official complaint and if I don’t get a resolution I will take the matter up with Ofgen. I don’t have the time nor the patience to deal with incompetence any more.

I'm still waiting on my up to date bill even though they have a smart electric reading and the not so smart gas meter reading I provided. Apparently it's complex. If I don't receive a reply by end of business tomorrow I'm filing an official complaint and if I don't get a resolution I will take the matter up with Ofgen. I don't have the time nor the patience to deal with incompetence any more.

You have posted something vey similar on another thread. If you look in your “Payments & statement” page are the details up to date with regards to your DD payments and Energy used?

@Henryf at bulb perhaps you found this all quite amusing but as a customer, this type of flippant response is not at all helpful. Bulb is heavily reliant on its community to shore up its current woeful customer service so you may want to perhaps pause a moment before your next post:

1. many people have lost confidence in the phone and email support - because it is not supportive and is a drag on our time
  2. if it were your own hard earned money disappearing into ether would you find that not a tiny bit concerning
  3. platitudes are failing
  4. few words of advice, never, ever laugh at a customer or their concerns, it is insensitive and disrespectful and reflects poorly on bulb.

For myself, this particular stream represents the final nudge over the edge to vote with my feet. I was a huge fan of bulb until the smart meter installation, but it is the abject failure of leadership and management of the issues compounded by laughing at a customer that has finally got me. It’s just too stressful being a bulb customer.

You have posted something vey similar on another thread. If you look in your “Payments & statement” page are the details up to date with regards to your DD payments and Energy used?

Indeed I did. My DD payments are rolling on but no statement has been issued for over three months. The smart electric reading is there, the two manual readings I gave, the first one on the 20th May and the latest on 2nd July have now appeared on the app after my phone call. I have no idea why it’s so complex to issue me with an accurate bill given Bulb has this information. No reply to my email asking for a statement apart from and computer generated email asking how helpful the original reply I got was. Not very is the answer. The app is also suggesting I lower my monthly payments which I’m not will to do until I see an accurate statement.

todays bill, slightly up on yesterday @ : 1,435,267.00

They were reading my gas meter, but they stopped reading my gas meter

@SimonS - are you seeing this on the app because I have no visibility on usage anywhere other than when I stare at my actual meters.

Plus they read nothing from my meters.