I want to leave

Why! Because I have been mislead, on uswitch you said you could save me up to £800 per year, great I thought but I have been with you 4 weeks and am paying £50 a month more than my former provider! How are you allowed to get away with misleading people. I will be in touch with the ombudsmen and be leaving!

Why! Because I have been mislead, on uswitch you said you could save me up to £800 per year, great I thought but I have been with you 4 weeks and am paying £50 a month more than my former provider! How are you allowed to get away with misleading people. I will be in touch with the ombudsmen and be leaving!

I doubt very much you were misled. Did you enter your past 12 months energy use into uswitch. The last 12 months energy use will have been shown on your last bills from your previous supplier. To save £800 I would think is an exaggerated figure…

Without giving any personal information what were your last 12 months energy usage for gas and electricity.

Hi @Gallen - I’m sorry you feel misled about this - uSwitch use a different set of parameters than we do for their estimates, but if you refined your quote as @Allanr suggested with your exact usage the prices you were quoted there would have been correct.

We also take the same amount as a direct debit every month, so in the warmer months you’re likely to pay more than what you are actually using, but in the winter you will probably use more than you pay, with the aim of it balancing out over the course of a year.

If you would still like to leave, that’s absolutely fine - we have no exit fees, nor fixed contract lengths, so you can leave without any penalty.