I wanted my gas with you on direct debit

I’ve just signed up with you and at the I have elec on pay as you go and gas direct debit you have said I am having pre pay with both when I join you ,I wanted my gas with you on direct debit

I've just signed up with you and at the I have elec on pay as you go and gas direct debit you have said I am having pre pay with both when I join you ,I wanted my gas with you on direct debit

This is public forum which unfortunately means none of us customers can actively resolve your query. You would be better off contacting the Bulb team direct during working hours, their details can be found on this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

@sunnydays2 I have sorted this out for you so you will have gas by Direct Debit. One thing we do need now is your Direct Debit details.

Can you give us a call on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) to provide this to us and if you have your gas usage handy we can advise on the costs :slight_smile: