If I change the amount in my account under "Payment settings" will that stop the increase DD?

I currently pay £75 a month. BULB want to increase it to £140 a month, but I think this is due a a mis-read meter reading and possibly a computer doing the maths. If I change the amount in my account under “Payment settings” will that stop the increase that is due on the 2nd Dec? TIA Matt

Should do, anyway Bulb can’t take unauthorised payments

I currently pay £75 a month. BULB want to increase it to £140 a month, but I think this is due a a mis-read meter reading and possibly a computer doing the maths. If I change the amount in my account under "Payment settings" will that stop the increase that is due on the 2nd Dec? TIA Matt

If you are in credit by more than one months advance energy use, then you can leave your payment the same at £75. However depending on your credit or debit siltation you may need to increase your payments in the coming months due to the price increase on 11 November plus the possibility of increased energy usage during the winter months.