ihd display shows "Electricity data unavailable"

I can turn it off and on again to reset and the electric and gas both display readings but after a few minutes the electricity usage disappears leaving only gas values and the “Electricity data unavailable” message appears. Have tried this several times. I have 3 bars on the bluetooth scale and full wi-fi connection

1 Like

We had a smart meter fitted on 31st July, we’re having the same problem, gas readings showing fine, electricity only for a few minutes after powering down and back up the IHD. Any ideas how to resolve?

We had a smart meter fitted on 31st July, we’re having the same problem, gas readings showing fine, electricity only for a few minutes after powering down and back up the IHD. Any ideas how to resolve?

Same problem. Fitted 2 weeks ago, today is started showing the ‘no data available’ error.

Same has just happened to us, was working fine now saying electricity data unavailable?

got smart meter fitted in April, never worked, keeps displaying no data available. looked at statements… apparently eletricity readings ok but gas is estimated. Been on to Bulb several times but no joy more or less telling me just need to put up with it till they get it sorted. they apparently have probs getting readings from company that fitted it ,(if you can believe that) I wish we never got the damn thing fitted that way I could submit readings again… they better not come up with a huge bill at the end of it. What would happen if I changed suppliers? How would I go on then. I wonder if other suppliers are having the same problem? If not why Bulb? Daughter had a smart meter fitted after us and hers has woirked from day 1. Cmon Bulb get it sorted

I wish we never got the damn thing fitted that way I could submit readings again

You can still submit readings. Go to your account, click “Energy Usage”, then at the bottom of the list of current meter readings there should be a green button that says “Submit a meter reading”.

You’re in no worse position now with a smart meter that isn’t sending readings yet, than you were with a traditional meter that also wasn’t sending readings. I struggle to see why people get so worked up about this. Yes it’s disapointing that things aren’t working as they should, but it’ll all be fixed eventually, and in the mean time you’re no worse off. Surely you have bigger things to worry about?

er, you are in a worse position because you have paid a massive amount through your gas and elec bills to get the SMETS2 smart meter & IHD, and it is not working properly.

1 Like

Had the smart meter fitted 3 days ago. The IHD is a total waste of time, keeps coming up with the same fault ‘Electrical data not available’. To get it back up and operating I have to switch the IHD off then on again, how annoying. The annoying thing is that the IHD is sitting right next to the electric meter, less than 3 feet away, with 4 bar signal. Gas does not seem to be a problem. Therefore I suspect the issue is with the electrical meter transmitter. Bulb need to fix it. I will be calling you

Same problem. Smart Meter fitted a week ago.
Have restarted IHD; Gone through the re-connect on the bulb website. IHD is line of sight to the meter. Also attached to wifi.
It sometimes shows electricity, but most of the time doesn’t - instead saying “electricity data unavailable”. Gas is always shown.

Ahhh, so it’s not just me? And this issue dates back to July? Ahhh. Still no resolve? Why are they still rolling this out? I was hoping this issue would resolve “within 24 to 48 hours”.

Same problem. Gas fine, electricity feed drops out after a couple of minutes after restarting. Even sat the IHD on top of the electricity meter, same issue.

Had mine fitted at the end of July, electric data working most of the time but do get the same faults as others have had intermittently, gas data total joke, rarely works, tried switching off, works for a wee while then same problems again.

Chameleon posted about the intermittent electric data issue earlier today. If you connect your device to WiFi they may have a firmware fix for it.

Mine won’t stay on long enough to connect to the WiFi. It’s like having a disco light that’s out of tune with the world.

Same problem.
Electric works fine.
Gas shows kWh usage but rarely shows £ usage.

1 Like

Thanks for this. Seems to be working better now. Looks like it could have updated.

IHD info is reporting: IHD6-CAD-PPMID 1.1 CAD 1.7

Just got new smart meter installed last week so was wondering why the Gas is not displaying.

Will keep an eye for software update over the next few weeks as not sure what is going on with gas and Elec drops in and out.

The new FW for the IHD6 is 1.4 and 1.9.2.

Keep it connected to WiFi and it should get updated soon.

MIne’s at IHD6-CAD-PPMID 1.1 CAD 1.9 now, was 1.7 a few days ago

1 Like