IHD "electricity today" out by thee decimal places

My IHD is showing energy today out by 10^3.
When it say that the consumption so far today is 0.006kWh, what it should say is 6kWh. The billing data is all fine, and I get the correct figure from the Bright App. However this error, of an impossibly low
Electricity today reading, also occurs in with my third party CAD so it’s just a problem with the meter sending the wrong data to the display(s). How can this be fixed?

Hi there, yes I raised the same thing with them a while ago… It’s a glitch between Wh, kWh and MWh. The kind of thing that should be picked up in testing, really.

While I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one :grinning:, but it can’t be happening to everybody. If it was none of the IHDs would be working and there would be a bigger fuss. Obviously the IHD just comes out of a box and assumes that it’s displaying kWh so the problem is at the meter. You’re right to it’s just a bit of config and somebody’s finger just slipped when setting up my/your meter. I’d be pretty confident that it can be fixed remotely too. If anybody from Bulb is listening??

Hi @philg57 and @andrewsdanj :wave:

This is a glitch and is fixable. I’m sorry that this has happened. I have requested an IHD reboot for both of your in home displays which should fix the problem. Apologies for any inconvenience.

– Robyn :bulb:

Hi Robyn, No change so far. Can you tell us how long this should take?

I have photos that show at 12:50 a) “usage now” of 676W and £0.18p/hr, and b) “so far today” 0.00kWh and £0.27